Chapter 5

Vivian pov

I wonder how my babies are doing. I've never been separated from them before and I'm scared. I hope Adrian packed all the necessary things that they'll need like their favorite blankets, their favorite stuffed animals, water bottle etc. Gosh I'm so worried about them, I'm literally on the verge of panicking.

Adrian did not even tell me where he took them. At least I would've said  goodbye to them and packed their things. I don't know why Adrian is bent on torturing me like this. Why is he being so heartless? I know Adrian is trying to separate me from my kids, he wants them to love him more than me.

He's being freaking childish.

I'm not going to let him push me away from the  lives of my kids. I'm not competing with him over the kids. I want them to love us both equally. We both have equal right over them. But Adrian won't understand this and it's pissing me off.

I quickly wipe the tears that drop out from my eyes because of my anger. I don't want to get mad today or people will see a very cranky Vivian and trust me you don't want to see that.

I walked out of the bathroom into our room and I saw Adrian already dressed. He is putting on a black suit that clung to his muscles like a second skin. He is wearing a pink long sleeve button up shirt inside. Oh, so we're matching.

Nice.

Please note the sarcasm.

If I was not mad at him I would have noticed how handsome he looks. But I'm mad. "Glad to see you're already done, I thought I would have to leave without you" He joked. Ah, he's in a good mood.

"Sir, please can I ask you a question?" I asked pleadingly.

"What is it? My dear Vivian"

Okay, time to make my request.

"Sir please, I'm really worried about the kids, I don't know where you took them or how they are doing I'm really worried about them, please sir just give me a little information about them. Please" I begged with tears in my eyes.  He clenched his jaw and looked at me.

"Okay, since you've been so obedient to me I'll tell you. They are in a safe place with someone you know. I packed all their favorite things and everything they will need so don't worry. They will be back tomorrow and you will see them. Okay?"

I sighed inwardly, would anything kill him if he just told me where they are. He said they are fine and I believe him because he loves them so much and he will not allow any harm to come to them. Still, that does not make me feel better. Until I see my babies and hold them in my arms then I'll feel better.

Someone I know, who could that be?

"Vivian we are getting late, let's go"

******

We arrived at exactly 7pm. See, me and Adrian both keep to time. He got out of the car and I followed suit. If you were thinking Adrian will open the car for me just know that Chivalry is dead.

We made our way towards the entrance of the mansion. The mansion is very big and beautiful just like ours. There are so many cars around that I can barely count. Each of them looking luxurious and expensive. I don't know much about cars but just looking at them is making me feel intimidated. And I've not even enter the ballroom yet, I wonder how I will feel when I enter inside the ballroom. The thought alone is frightening.

I already have a bad feeling that this party is not going to end well. I pray I'm not jinxing myself.

"Vivian" Adrian called out to me as he stopped moving. I almost ran into his back. Why did he stop?

"Yes sir" I answered. "We need to go over some things before we enter inside the ballroom" He stated. I look at him clearly annoyed, what did he want to say that he couldn't say it back at home. See I'm already cranky. "Okay sir".

"First of all, don't call me sir when we are at the party, you can call me Anything but sir and I don't just mean when you are Speaking to other people, I also mean when you are speaking to me privately" He stated.

What???

I don't understand the part where he said I should not call him sir when we're out of earshot. Is this some kind of prank or something. Maybe he hit his head really hard, before we came here.

"Why are you looking so confused?" He asked. "I don't understand what you mean by privately" I replied. "Should I spell it out to you or Should I define it?" He asked smirking.

"Uhm.." I blushed as I looked on the floor. He sighed and rolled his eyes.
"You will not call me sir through out the party. Even if it's just me and you that is together. The only time you will call me sir is when we get home. This is your gift because you came with me to the party without throwing a fit. Is that clear?"

I only nodded my head not finding the strength to speak because of how shocked I am. So when we are alone at the party I should not call him sir. Is he high on something?

"I need words Vivian".

"Yes sir"

"Good"

'"Secondly you should not embarrass me at any cost, I'm very serious about this one Viv." He expressed looking very serious. "I won't sir" I replied.

"Thirdly, we must pretend to be in love with each other" he smirked. I internally rolled my eyes. There will Only be one person pretending to be in love and that is him. Because I'm already in love with him. I've been in love with him for so long. Just that I've shoved that love into the back of my closet and it has been replaced with fear.

It's hard not to fall in love with him, when we have been together for 10 years now. Yes, you heard that correctly. We have been married for six years but we've known each other for 10 years.

"And lastly, I know I should not be saying this to you but it will only be for this night" He said  looking clearly uncomfortable. I looked at him in curiosity, wondering what he's going to say that got him wind up.

"You must stand tall and keep your head held high, there's going to be a lot of rich and high standing people. I don't want anyone to think I got married to a weak wife" He said uncomfortably but boldly.

If I was not Surprised I would have been very amused by how uncomfortable he looks. But I'm surprised. Is this the same Adrian that turned me into a submissive wife telling me to keep my head high? when he's always telling me to keep my head low when he's speaking to me? I guess it's just for the party. He wants us to look like a power couple.

All this is becoming very overwhelming. And did I hear him indirectly complimenting me that I'm not weak? Okay is this my husband?and what have you done to my husband?

****
Hey y'all😊
Hope you enjoyed this chapter?
Don't Worry spicy drama is coming up in the next chapter😂
Don't forget to vote, comment and share💙
Stay safe.
God bless you.