Chapter 16

Vivian POV

"Don't tell me you did all this?" Mia asked astonished as we stepped into the sitting room.

"Yep, that was all me."

"No way, I can't believe this." She expressed looking around the sitting room.

"You guys really need to stop making this a big deal. It's not like I really did anything here." I stated.

"I know, what you did was not great. But coming from someone as tiny as you are, you really got us surprised." She teased.

I rolled my eyes at her.

"I'm not tiny. And we should leave, there are people working here. And Adrian asked me not to come in here. That was one of his rules before he left."

She came and stood in front of me and placed both hands on her waist.

"Adrian said this, Adrian said that, he asked me not to do this. Are you not tired of following his stupid rules Viv?" She asked throwing her hands up in frustration.

"But he really did asked me not to come in here." I stated sheepishly.

"Oh please shut up Viv and let me knock some sense into you."

"Can you knock some sense to me after we've left this room." I pleaded.

"Fine." She glared at me and wheeled me back into the sitting room.

"Viv, can I ask you a question?" Mia asked turning to face me on the couch.

I looked at her puzzled "since when did you start asking for my permission before you ask me a question?"

"There's always a first time for everything." She replied flipping her hair sassily.

I looked at her amused. "What do you want to ask me?"

"You said Adrian doesn't like women right?"

"I never said that. I said he doesn't like the "female gender." I responded putting my hands up in quote.

"So? What's the difference? It's the same thing."

"No its not. If you say he doesn't like women you make him sound like one mean sexist. But if you say he doesn't like the female gender it makes it sound less brutal."

She looked at me very confused. "I know you've lost it Viv. Adrian has brainwashed you. Woman and female is the same thing. Stop trying to defend your husband when he's wrong."

"I mean why will you be with a man that doesn't like women? How can you love a man that hates women? Like for real Viv, you never stop amazing me. I feel should be given a Grammy's award. Because Wow." She pondered still in disbelief.

"Well, Adrian may not like women but he likes the women in his life." I pointed out.

"I hope you did not include yourself in the women that he likes? I know he loves Maya and Livy. But you" She laughed.

"I don't think he likes you."

"Of course he does. He loves me. If he didn't he wouldn't have gotten married to me." I replied smug.

She laughed. " Stay there and be lying to yourself."

"I'm not. That's facts Mia." I stated.

"Whatever. All I know is I can't be with a man that doesn't like women. I mean he's indirectly saying he doesn't like me. Because  if he doesn't like women, why did he get married to me. What made me so special, that he chose to marry me? Have you ever asked yourself that question Viv?" She asked deep in thought.