Chapter 12

Vivian Pov

I woke up with a pounding headache, gosh my head hurts so bad. I opened my eyes and I was immediately greeted with a bright light. I groaned, who the heck turned on the lights?

I know Adrian and I sleep in complete darkness in our bedroom at home. Wait... This is not my room.

Oh my gosh am I dead?

Did I wake up in heaven?

No no no, I don't think I'm allowed in heaven after all the things I've done and said to God.

I tried to raise my hand up, but it was connected with wires. I looked down on my body and I saw that I was putting on a hospital gown.

What the heck am I doing in a hospital?

Suddenly I heard the door to the room being opened and I quickly shut my eyes closed. This is happening way too much. I perceived the smell of Adrian's cologne and I knew it was him that walked in.

I felt his weight on the bed beside me. He took hold of my hand and caressed it and I felt shivers run down my spine.

"Viv, I'm sorry for how I treated you, it is all my fault that you are in this condition. I cannot describe what I felt when I saw you unconscious and bleeding. I was so scared. I thought I had lost you. I never want to go through that again Viv, don't make me go through it again. I'm so glad nothing happened to you. I cannot imagine my life without you in it. All I know is pain Viv, I don't know anything else but pain. I can't give you love, it is only pain I know nothing else." His voice cracked at the end.

Gosh, he sounds so broken right now, how do I deal with a broken Adrian? All I want to do right now is to hug him. Did he mean all those things he just said? Of course he does. That is why he's confessing it to a sleeping Vivian.

Should I pretend to be asleep? or should I talk to him?

He stood up to leave and I immediately grab hold of his hand. "Vivian! You're awake, how are you feeling? Are you feeling any pain? Should I call the doctor?"

It's cute seeing him so worried.

"It's alright sir." I croaked and he handed me a glass of water.

"I'm feeling better. What happened to me?"

"I came back home and I found you bleeding and unconscious on the floor. What was the need to create such a tantrum like a child?" He asked angrily as he removed his hand from my grasp.

"I did not create a tantrum sir, I was upset and angry, And that was the only way I could blow some steam off." I stated annoyed as well.

"Blow some steam? You destroy my entire sitting room, do you know how expensive the things you destroyed cost? I don't blame you, you know? It's because you are not working so you won't understand how it feels to run a company or to make money."

Okay, that stung.

"I wouldn't have destroyed your precious sitting room, if you hadn't looked me up in the house. And if you hadn't given me this absurd punishment."

Okay, now I'm creating more problems for myself by talking to him like this. But at this point I don't care.

"Vivian!!!" He yelled at me.

I froze on the bed. Boy, this man is scary when he gets mad. My heart is literally in my mouth and I'm ready to puke in out.

I looked at him, his jaw are clenched so hard, his knuckles are clenched so tightly. He wants to break something I can feel it, but he can't because we are in a hospital and he cares about his reputation so much. He took a deep breath to calm himself.