Chapter 6

Vivian Pov

"Do you have any questions?" Adrian asked. "Yes I do" I replied. "Go on".

"What should I call you sir?" I asked. Really Vivian of all the things he said this night this is the one thing you are asking.

Don't sue me, I'm confused on what to call him, I've been calling him sir for the past six years. It's going to be weird calling him another name.

He smirked at me.

This is not good whatever he's going to say will not be good. "You can call me baby, babe, honey, sweetheart or whatever you prefer". I cringed at all the names he just called. Nope, I'm not calling him any of that imma stick with Adrian.

"Oh and if I start saying really sweet things and start becoming very touchy. Don't be surprised just go with the it. okay?"

"Okay" I replied. This should be fun.

We made our way to the ballroom. The walls were painted with a bright yellow and some other bright colors. There is a huge chandelier in the middle of the room, making the room even more brighter. I can see the DJ at the side doing his thing. I look around at all the dresses every single person is putting on, and I don't see a black color anywhere.

What??

I feel like the host of these party hate black. Every man and woman are putting on colors like red, blue, green, yellow etc. No single black.

How can a person not like black?

Indeed I'm surprise. No wonder Adrian told me to go change. It's not because my collarbone was showing but because I was putting on a black dress.

Aww

But still couldn't he have told me that the host has a fear of black. I would have understood. But he decided to go his way and belittle me. I sighed.

I feel his hand tightened on my waist and I blushed. Being this close to him is making me all warm and fuzzy. I use Adrian as a distraction not to feel overwhelmed at the number of rich people I'm seeing. I suddenly feel underdressed. The people in this room are looking like they came from royalty, making me feel like a peasant.

"Vivian breathe". I quickly turn to look at Adrian. I didn't even know he noticed my nervousness.

"Hey, look at me" He lifted my chin to look in his eyes. For the first time in a long time I can look at him properly. I'm surprised. He always told me to keep my head low when he's talking to me now he's making me look into eyes.

Did someone cast a spell on him?

I looked into his eyes and I fall in love with him again. His grey eyes are gorgeous and for the first time in many years they are not cold towards me. His eyes look lighter and different. He's looking directly into my eyes and it's making me nervous.

"If you feel too overwhelmed, tell me and I'll take you home. Okay?". He said looking at me so gently and my heart just did a pancake flip. I nod at him and he smiled.

Adrian freaking smiled!

I capture that image into my head. He looks so handsome when he smiles. Mehn, I'm acting like a hopeless romantic wife.

"Adrian!" I heard someone call. I turn to look at the person who just interupted my time with Adrian and I feel like punching him.

"Tristan" Adrian greeted. They both shook hands and did their bro hug thing.

"Tristan, meet my wife Vivian. Honey meet my friend Tristan he's the host of the party".

"Nice to meet you Vivian" He smiled as he took the back of my hand and kissed it. Kissing it longer than necessary. I looked over at Adrian who is clenching his jaw. I quickly pull my hand away. "The pleasure is mine" I responded. I looked at Tristan he's around 5'9 dressed in a navy blue suit with blonde hair and blue eyes. He's attractive.

But he's not my 6'3 cold grayed eyes husband.

"Your wife is really beautiful Adrian, no wonder you've been hiding her from us" Tristan teased. Adrian just smile and shrugged. "what can I say I married the best" He grinned as he kissed my temple. I blushed as I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"I'm really glad you came" Tristan said.  "Yeah me too. congratulations" Adrian replied.

"Congratulations on your business deal" I chirped in. " Thank you my dear" He replied.

Different people came to say hi to Adrian, complimenting me as they came. "Honey meet one of my business partner Tayo and his wife Darasimi" Adrian said. I looked over to the couple and they are gorgeous. There are black, but I don't know which country they are from.

"It's nice to meet you Mr Tayo. I'm Vivian" I smiled shaking his hand. "The pleasure is mine lovely" He replied his voice thick with an unknown accent.

I turned to greet his wife "your hair is gorgeous" I told her. She's putting on a wig and she pulled it off so much. It looks like her real hair.

"Thank you, it's one of my latest collection" she shared . "You make wigs?" I asked surprised. "Yes I do" she replied. "Wow, that's great"

"Thank you".

"Why don't you guys go and meet the other women over there and get to know each other" Tayo suggested pointing at a group of women.

"Yeah, let's go Vivian" Darasimi agreed . I look at Adrian for permission. He nodded "go, you'll be fine" he mouthed. I felt better. "Yeah let's go" I said. She hooked her arms around mine and dragged me off.

"So if you don't mind me asking, were are you from?" I asked "I noticed you and your husband accent".

"Oh yeah, we are from Nigeria. We come from the Yoruba tribe. Hence the accent and our name" she explained. "I love you guys accent" I replied. "Thank you, we moved to America 3 years ago to expand our business. That's where we met your husband who is hot by the way"

I blushed.

"He became a business partner with my husband" she stated. "So you have your own business and your husband have his?" I asked. "Yes we do. His business is larger than mine, but we are thinking of joining our businesses together since he majors in designing and manufacturing of clothes and all of that. We could make our business stronger by adding my own wig making and cosmetics" she said.

Wow, this is a strong business woman. While I'm here a house wife, whose husband will not allow her to work. I hide how sad I'm feeling from Darasimi and cover it up with a smile.

"That's so nice" I expressed and she smiled. "You and your husband look cute together" She gushed. I smiled, if only you know. "Thank you, you and your husband are the correct definition of a power couple" I stated and she laughed. "Really?" She asked. "Yes" I replied.

"Come on let's go meet those group of women over there who have been giving us the stink eye" she put out. I turned to look at the women. There look like the older version of mean girls. With their perfect hair, stylish dresses, designer bags and fake smiles.

"I don't really know if we should go there, they seem really uptight" I reasoned eyeing them warily.

"Our husbands asked us to mingle with the other women in the room, let's go they look entertaining. I really didn't want to come to this party but Tayo begged me to. So while I'm here I figured I should have some fun". She stated confidently. "Well I also don't want to me here, my husband forced me also." I shared.

"Well, that makes two of us" she drawled leading me towards the direction of the women.

*********

Hey guys✋🏾✋🏾
I'm sorry I've been MIA( missing in action). I don't have any serious reasons just been feeling lazy😌.
I promise you guys that they was going to be some juicy drama in this chapter but they was not and I'm sorry😩.
But I promise that they will be  some juicy drama in the next chapter so bring your popcorn.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Vote, comment and follow because you love me😉😊.

Until next time.

Have a spectacular day ahead💙

God bless you.