Chapter 32

Victor's POV

When I heard her scream, I couldn't stop the pull to reach her. Do not fear the fire, son, it gives you power. The deep voice in my mind intoned. I could feel my flesh burning and stripping away the further I ran into the house. A roar ripped from my throat as my body began to shift. I saw the shades surrounding her and Brandon. He looked dead lying in her arms. I could hear her begging to give her life for his and my heart broke. I cannot lose her or him.

I focused my attention on the three shades ahead of me as I felt my body shift and change, opening my jaws to scream, instead I blew fire. What? How am I doing this? I looked down at my own form. Holy Hell! I'm a fucking dragon! One shade had been incinerated, while the other two had disappeared into doors that seemed to be portals to another location. I heard Evenleen shriek. I stood next to her, crouching down to hide them in my wings.

Stay within my wings, little jewel. I will protect you both. The look on her face was adoration as she stroked my snout before letting my wings cover them. I could hear her still bargaining for Brandon's life as the house began to crumble around us.

When the debris finally settled, I spread my wings apart and spoke to her mind, Open your eyes little one.

I stepped back seeing Sean's patron claim him, teaching him how to heal Brandon. I wonder who had claimed me? Who's voice had I heard earlier? I began to feel a burning sensation on my front right haunch. I am Typhon and you will meet me soon, Victor. Guard your little goddess. She is in grave danger from many directions.

I snorted and tried to ask questions forgetting I didn't have a voice in this form. Then I heard Gabe's voice. "Anyone want to address the fucking proverbial dragon in the yard? Seriously Vic, do you always have to be the center of attention," he taunted me. I should heat his sassy little ass up. I let out a loud roar and transformed into my human form. I glanced at Gabe. He had a shit-eating grin on his face.

You ass. You knew I was going to fall for her, didn't you?

He snickered. So fucking much. How long do you think it will take those other dumbasses to figure it out?

I looked at Sean, then Brandon as he still sat next to her. Not long. Are you thinking what I am about the other Toma members?

He furrowed his eyebrows in concentration. I hadn't until just now. Guess we could introduce her to Marc or Axel, see what happens...

We both just nodded in agreement.