Chapter 49

Luke's POV

My Pixie just vanished. Why didn't she put up a fight? I spun around to see Sean collapse to his knees as Owen rushed to his side. "Why didn't you stop her," I screamed.

Owen's eyes were filled with fury, "What the fuck, Luke! That thing had Sean by the throat. What was he supposed to do?"

"She did it to save me," Sean said in a hollow voice. "She told me not to reveal my magic, but it wouldn't have mattered," he glared up at me, "What was I going to do, blind her with my light? I'm not a fighter, I don't have any battle magic." His shoulders slumped.

"I'm sorry, Sean. I'm just angry and I took it out on you." I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Truth is, she would have done the same thing for any of us, battle magic or not. Hell, that's why she magically sealed the door. Nate and Gabe tried everything. Vic even tried to burn it down. None of it worked, not even a single mark."

Kota put his hand on Sean's shoulder. "She didn't want you to reveal your magic, because whoever is behind this doesn't know about us - about the claimings. They still think all of us are just normal humans and not a threat." He looked back at me. "She needs us to be strategic about this. She said to start with the coven. Luke, go with Marc and Gabe to scope it out. Don't try to enter, just get the layout, possible entry points, guards, etc. Victor, she trusted your hunch and you were right. I need you to research anything you can about the coven and shades. Sean, you need to reach out to Brigid. You're the only one of us that is connected to a Celtic deity. See if she can give any input about ways to contact Cailleach. Maybe Luna's patron can help us. North and Silas go to her cottage. See if you can find any way to contact the Council. Ask if they can send reinforcements." He took a ragged breath. "Owen, talk to Dr. Roberts. See if he has any Council contacts here in Charleston that aren't associated with the coven."

"What about us," Nate asked with Brandon beside him.

"We are going back to the house where the coven members were held. Maybe we can pick up on something since two of us have been claimed." Kota said. "Does everyone understand what they need to do?

"I'm willing and I will obey," we all said in unison.