Chapter Twenty-Seven

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

As soon as he heard Jesse was missing, Alex called the rest of the Silver Society members together. Aideen went straight to Evan while Alex filled everyone else in.

"Cierra, there's something Beth and I need to tell you," Jade said as everyone prepared to go on the rescue mission.

"What is it?" Cierra asked curiously.

"Brett told us something you need to know," Beth replied.

"There's no easy way to say this... Cierra, your biological father had another daughter a few months after you were born," Jade explained.

"Wait... I have another sister?" Cierra asked in surprise.

"The warlock who has been working with the lycanthrope hunters is your younger sister," Jade confirmed.

Cierra's eyes went wide. "I can't believe this..."

"Her name is Rikki, and she's powerful," Beth continued. "She bewitched Brett, but we finally got through to him... After he tried to kill Jade."

"Oh my God... But I don't understand. Why is she working with the hunters?"

"For power. They're a means to an end, I think. Brett only knows part of her plan," Jade replied.

"And she'll be there today..."

"Probably, yes. You need to be prepared for that."

Cierra nodded. "I want to help her... If there's any good in her... But I know that might not be possible. For now, I just need to hope she doesn't cause us too much trouble. I don't want to have to hurt her. Maybe it's not her fault... Warlocks are raised to do awful things. I was lucky, because my mom and Tyler raised me, and they're good people. Rikki may not know any better."

"Just be careful. She hates you because she wants the power you inherited. She may target you as soon as she sees you."

"I'll be ready for that," Cierra promised.

"Alright, Kids," Alex said, "let's go."

~*~

There were about twenty warlocks outside of the property when Aideen, Evan, Kurt, Ava, and Eddie arrived. Evan's lips curled into a slight smirk. "Ready?" He asked Aideen.

"To kick warlock ass?" Aideen replied. "Always."

Eddie grinned. "Finally, some action!" He said.

"I've got the ones on the far end," Ava added, motioning toward a cluster of warlocks who had split off from the others.

"Let's go," Kurt replied.

The warlocks were not expecting an ambush. Evan opened fire as Aideen began sending spells and potions at some while slashing at others with her daggers. Kurt shifted form and mauled a couple of them when they tried to flee. Eddie battled them fiercely, and most of them weren't trained to handle the physical combat he excelled in. Ava took down the cluster she'd chosen with a powerful spell. They burst into flames before rapidly turning to ash. Ava smiled peacefully before rejoining the others.

"I thought you were one of those harm none witches," Eddie joked as he admired her handy work.

"Generally, I am. I also know that a witch who cannot hex cannot heal," Ava replied. "It's all about balance, right?"

Kurt shifted back into his human form. "That went well," he joked.

Aideen looked at the carnage in front of them. "That's everyone," she said. "There may be more inside. Come on." She led the charge into the building.