15. Y/Ns memories

This may not be historically accurate, I did do some research and it should be right but just in case...

———————

"You're really ugly"

Y/N looked up from the ground, her already tearful face beginning to tear up more.
"What?"

"But only when you cry, that why you should stop"
Jack was the same age as her, brown hair and brown eyes, he gave her a teasing grin as he outstretched his hand to her.

But Y/N pushed it away angrily, obviously not liking being called ugly.

"Hey I was just joking! You're not actually ugly"

Y/N only scoffed. She kicked his leg making him fall onto the ground with a Yelp.

But the boy only stood up, grinned. And offered his hand out to Y/N.
"Now we're even!"

Now Y/N offered a small smile and a grin.

"Why were you crying?" Jack asked, Tilting his head an crouching over to reach her level.

"I fell over an scraped my hand" Y/N explained, holding out her hand for him to see.

Jack grabbed it and kissed it, receiving a weird look from Y/N.
"Thats what my mum does when I hurt myself" he shrugged.

————-

Y/N was older now as she reached over the corner of the table as her red headed friend stood up, shielding her from accidentally hurting her hip

—————

"I'll look after Lucas for a day" Y/N told her older sister who looked sleep deprived, she was holding the baby on her hip.
"You look like you need a break"

"I'll be fine" Her sister smiled quickly before dropping it and trying to spoon feed him as he cried.

"I wasn't offering" Y/N raised her eyebrow as she saw her sister cry in tiredness.
"I was telling you"

———-

"Sorry you're missing out on the egg hunt" Jack apologised, his nose red from the cold.
"You don't have to look after me"

Y/N brushed him off as she handed him a bowl of soup.
"If you have to miss, out I will to. Besides the other two can enjoy it for us"

Jack nasally laughed.
"we would of won! We know where half the eggs are hidden"

"Yeah cause we hid them" Y/N laughed. "consider this your karma for trying to cheat" Y/N continued as she placed a warm towel on his forehead.

"So then what's your Karma?"

"Looking after you"

————
"Dad, mums been hanging around Frank lately to help with your birthday present" Y/N spoiled once she caught her dad crying on the couch.
"She's buying you a knew dagger, with your name engraved, to make work easier for you"

"Really?" Her fathers voice was weak and croaky but he sounded relieved and hopeful.

"I didn't want to spoil it" Y/N spoke, feeling her own tears start to from.
"But I've never seen you cry before, and I got scared"

Her father walked up from the couch to give her a hug. She hugged back.

"I love you" he said softly, kissing her temple as he hugged tighter.
"Always stay my little girl yeah?"