6. Keeping tooth alive

"What do you think pitch meant by that?" Jack asked Y/N.

They were in a small area below the actual palace, there was a small lake and a mural of tooth on the stone wall across from it.

"I guess we'll find out soon" Y/N shrugged, not giving it much of a thought. But seeing jacks serious look Y/N sighed and explained her thoughts.

"Love is a really strong feeling Jack, but it can also be very easy to break, it depends" Y/N shrugged, Jack nodded, waiting for her to continue.
"If Someone feels so much love for something or someone and then said thing was suddenly taken from them, people can become extremely hateful towards the situation and do bad or regretful things, it can be just as strong, like what he said. I'm guessing pitch wants to take love away as well, replace it with hate"

"So what does that mean for you?" Jack asked concerned.
"Will you disappear?"

Y/N shook her head with a smile.
"Nothing will happen to me Jack, remember what pitch said? If people stop believing in whatever the guardians stand for they disappear, and since I'm no guardian, if love disappears surely I won't right?"    Y/N reassured.

"But the moon 'chose' us" Jack thought. "Are we technically guardians now or does it only count once we take oath from Norths book?"

Y/N didn't have a reply, what Jack said made a lot of sense.
"Well even so, you can't get rid of love, I doubt pitch can make parents all over the world stop caring for their kids, that type of love is unconditional" Y/N thought, making Jack nod in understanding, maybe he really was getting to inside of his own head.
"He may be able to stop kids from loving the guardians with his manipulative tactics, but he can't stop unconditional love. and besides, pitch creates fear how will he get the power to spread hatred?"

"Fear of love?" Jack joked with a small smile.

Y/N laughed under her breath as she looked to Jack.
"A fear of love isn't hatred Jack"
Y/N then perked up, noticing a strong negative feeling around them, her small smile fading.
"If that's he's plan it's starting to work"

Jack looked at Y/N confusedly, she nodded towards tooth who was kneeling on the ground sadly.
The two shared a glance as they walked up to her.

"Sorry about the fairies" Jack acknowledged, crouching down to her level.

"You should of seen them, they put up such a fight" tooth spoke proudly before facing Y/N.
"And Thank you for saving baby tooth" she smiled kindly.
Y/N smiled back, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Why did pitch take the teeth?" Y/N asked

"It's not the teeth he wanted, it's the memories inside them" Tooth explained, holding a tooth box and slightly presenting it to the two.

Without thinking, Y/N started touching her teeth, shocked to think they held memories.
Without looking at her Jack grabbed her hand and pulled them away from her mouth.

"What do you mean?" He questioned.

"That's why we collect the teeth, they hold the most important memories of childhood"
She flew over to the mural, Jack creating an ice path on top so he and Y/N could walk across.

Y/Ns wings were made for proper flying, not to stand around mid air.

"My fairies and I watch over them, and when someone needs to remember whats important we help them"
They gazed upon the mural, tooth collecting the teeth that the children offered her.
"We had everyone's here, yours to"

"Our memories?" Y/N looked to tooth before sharing a shocked glance with Jack.

"When you guys were young, before you became cupid and Jack Frost."