Chapter 2: Babysitting Demons

Start from the beginning

He gets sad when I usher him out of the house and into the garden, getting puppy eyes as he whines. "You want me to leave so quickly?! I'm hurt!".

"Yeah yeah. Go on, you did say you really needed to see someone so, go!". "Alright! Alright!". He walks towards his own bike and starts it.

"I'm apologising in advance if they're too much trouble!". And he just drives off. *sigh* "Well babysitting can't be that bad can it?".

Wrong! Dead wrong! Babysitting is not fun!

When I return I see the 5 year olds in the kitchen trying to open the fridge...... by climbing on top of one another. Baji was at the bottom holding up Mikey.

"What do you think you're doing?", I ask crossing my arms in anger. I cannot catch a break, can I?

They freeze and slowly turn around as if they were caught at a scene of a crime. "I'm hungry!", complained the blonde boy. "No, we're hungry!", Baji said back to him.

"Well what do ye want to eat?". "TAKOYAKI!!", I jump as Mikey shouts his love for it to the high heavens.

"Alright alright! I'll make it, but for now you have study". "Awwww but we don't want to study!", they whined in sync.

Rubbing my forehead I'm hit by a brilliant idea. "If both of you don't study..... I won't make Takoyaki!". "Let's do maths first!".

"No! Mikey you know how hard it is for me!". "Baji anything to do with school is hard for you!".

I giggle at their little fight but in the end they sit down in the living room and do some work. Looking through the kitchen I find all the ingredients I need to make Takoyaki.

First I cut the octopus into bite sized pieces then put it aside. To make the batter I get a bowl, put in plain flour and cornflour.

Mixing it I get another bowl and whisk the egg. "Xeno-kun!!!". I sigh and put down the bowl, walking towards their table. "Yes?".

"I don't know what this question means!!", pouts Baji. I smile and explain it to him so he could understand. In the end he gets it but I learn an important thing about him.......

Baji is horrible at schoolwork. Well not everyone is capable of everything. "Thanks Xeno-kun!". I smile and go back to work on the Takoyaki.

I add the egg to the dry mixture then slowly pour in the dashi stock and mix it all together. I check if it's the right texture since it needs to be thin and runny.

Leaving it in a bowl I heat the takoyaki pan over a medium high heat and brush oil over the entire surface. "Xeno-kunn!!!".

I let out a huff and quickly make my way over to them. "Mikey broke my pencil!!". "I did not! It's all baji's fault!".