୨୧┊FORTY THREE :

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

WOUND.

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

I was seated in the car as everyone got out, shutting the doors behind them carelessly. I sighed as Five made his way over to me, opening the door beside me, he held out his hand.

"Come on, Y/N." he whispered, looking at my eyes as he helped me out, holding onto my hand while we walked towards Diego and Allison.

"Be careful, okay? We don't know what Peabody's capable of." Allison warned, staring off at the house we stopped in front of.

The house looked very common, nothing out of the ordinary, I'd say.

"Yeah, he didn't see dangerous when I first saw him. Looked kinda scrawny."

"Yeah, well, so are most serial killers and mass murderers. I mean, look at him." Allison said pointedly, looking over her shoulder at Five. I felt him squeeze my hand as he gave no reaction to Allison's remark.

Bringing my free hand towards my mouth, I laughed into it.

"Thanks." Five said simply as his mind was clearly elsewhere. I looked beside me to catch him limping again, he only glanced at my face before he looked in front of him again. I frowned deeply, letting my eyes drift to the grass we walked on.

"Good point. So what's this guy want with Vanya?" Diego questioned, stepping on the stairs as Five and I followed him, Allison taking a different route.

"I don't know. How about we ask him after we kill him?" Five sarcastically said, right before Diego shushed us.

He held his hand in front of us as he looked over the front door,

"Whoa, whoa. Hey, look, I'm gonna burst through--" Diego stopped himself, looking behind Five as Five did so too. It seems they have noticed Allison's sudden disappearance.

Idiots.

"You know what? It would be nice for people just to stick to--" Diego got cut off again but this time not by himself.

In the middle of Diego's speech Five blinked us inside, I furrowed my brows as I hit him a softly,

"Y/N, what the fuck was that for--"

"That was very impolite! Diego was speaking."

"Yeah, well, we don't have time for that." he sarcastically smiled at me. I squinted my eyes at him before I felt my body whip to the side,

"Ah!" Diego groaned loudly as his body collided with the glass of the front door, causing him to land painfully on the floor. Five had pulled me back as he saw this occur before I had, Diego inhaled sharply as he tried to get up.

"Oh my God, Diego, Are you okay?" I exclaimed in worry as Five still held me, walking over to the broken door,

"Subtle."

"You know, the door was unlocked." Five stated, opening the door to prove his statement.

"Yeah, well, my way works just fine. Spread out. Yell if you, uh . . . you know, you're in trouble." Diego sighed out as he walked down the hallway of the house. I glanced at Five and Allison befofe looking back at Diego's departure,

"Ah, inspiring leadership."

"One of the greats."

--

I quietly hummed go myself as I skimmed a few documents I had found laying around the living area Five and I were searching together.

"Y/N." Five called over, I looked over my shoulder to see Five standing idly by a drawer, he held it open as he motioned me to come over.

And I did.

I stood there as I stared at the drawer's contents.

Nothing out of the ordinary . . . What does he want me to see?

"Look at this." he said as he moved the pictures around, picking up a singular one to show me. My brows lifted, putting the hoard of documents down to take the picture in my hands.

A class picture of my own class from school . . . Even I was in it, so it wss fairly old.

I sadly smiled as my thumb traced over myself in the picture,

"Did you know him?"

"No. I didn't know anyone in my class, Five." I said quietly before I placed the picture back in the drawer, closing it as I looked over at Five.

"Guys, you need to see this!" Allison called from somewhere in the house, this causing Five to grab my hand as we jogged over to Allison in a quick paste.

--

" . . . All our faces are burnt off."

"Well, that's not creepy. This guy's got serious issues." the siblings remarked, their eyes darting towards various posters and figurines of the Umbrella Academy children who had their faces mutilated . . .

I felt a cold chill run down my spine as my eyes settled on a figurine that seemingly resembled Klaus with his face torched . . .

"Shit." Allison and Five said simultaneously as they watched the defaced collectables as well.

"This was never about Vanya . . . " Allison realized. I looked at her curiously before my gaze immediately shifted iver to Five as he gasped, touching his abdomen suspiciously.

"This is about us."

Diego sighed at Allison's words as I felt Five release my hand, his body collapsing to the floor to earn a thud sound.

My eyes widened as I fell on my knees beside him,

"Five! Fuck!"

"Five. Wh-- Wh-- Blood." Allison quietly said to herself as she examined him from beside me, I felt my eyes water up a bit.

Five . . . You dramatic ass bitch . . .

I quickly traced my hand over his sweater, pulling it up to reveal his bloodied abdomen, Five sighed heavily as he laid still, blood escaping his wound as we stared.

"Jesus, Five. "

"Oh God--" I cried softly as I felt myself tense up at the sight, I turned my head away.

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"You have to keep going. So . . . close." Five breathed out quietly, I felt my lips quiver as I looked at him once more, seeing his eyes beginning to shut.

"F-Five." I spoke as I looked down at him,

"Five!" Allison exclaimed as she shook him, Diego feeling the boy's pulse.

He will make it. This isn't that serious . . . I mean, it doesn't look . . . serious . . .