୨୧┊THIRTY :

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

MERE OBJECT.

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

"So . . . You were a hit man?"

"Yes."

"Uh . . . I mean, you had a code, right? You didn't kill just anybody."

"No code. We took out anyone who messed with the time line."

"What about innocent people?"

I yawned into the palm of my hand as I listened in on their conversation. Seemingly I was entirely excluded from said conversation and I was left with my inner monologue.

I hate being left with her.

It quite pissed me off that I wasn't included since I had endured the same traumas Five has with this whole apocalypse experience.

This made me feel worthless and meaningless.

I was certainly going to bring this up with him later . . .

"It was the only way I could get back here." I rolled my eyes as the words slipped off Five's tongue, I was getting sick of him subtly not including me anymore. Fuck him.

Things were so different when we were kids, he was different . . .

"But that's murder."

"Jesus, Luther, grow up. We're not kids anymore." I wish we still were.

"There's no such thing as good guys or bad guys. There's just people, goin' about their lives.

But when the world ends, all those people die, Including our family." Luther stared at Five confusingly, speechless, actually. His brows were furrowed and Five only sighed. I shook my head at their little interaction.

"Time changes everything." Five concluded as his hands rested in his lap, I held my legs crossed as my neutral expression lingered. I couldn't wait to get out of here, embrace the clear air and just do something.

All our eyes darted to the side as loud metal randomly clattered . . .

Odd.

--

"Five, can't we just . . . Do something fun and not hang around your old eerily clean house?"

"Shut up. We don't have time, Y/N." he reasoned with me, I sighed as my eyes became rather dull. I dragged my feet along the pavement before we reached the academy, nonchalantly I lifted each of my feet as I walked up the stairs. He never really called me by my full name, whenever he did it always sounded so intimidating.

We entered the building to pure silence, despair lingered the air, my eyes drifted to Five only to see his expression was confused somewhat, he grabbed my forearm and quickly pulled me along to the upstairs.