Truth Time

Parker

    It's been three weeks since Uncle Tyler's death and things are starting to go back to normal. We all still miss him, but we know that he would want us to keep living. Peyton went back to her apartment reluctantly. Our moms and Aunt Linda practically pushed her out of the door saying she couldn't put her life on hold.

I just got back from work when I saw Carrie sitting on my doorstep. I felt my heart drop, something better happened to Peyton. I rushed out of the truck and ran up to Carrie.

"Carrie, not that I'm not happy to see you, but what are you doing here? Is Peyton ok?"

She wiped her hands on her knees and stood up.

"Yes and no. I mean physically yes, she is fine."

I took a deep breath, I'm just glad nothing was physically wrong. Carrie crossed her arms and looked down. She was worrying me again and I didn't like it. I put my hands on her shoulders and she looked up at me.

"Carrie, please tell me what you are doing here. Besides freaking me the hell out."

She blew out a breath and finally started talking.

"Listen, Peyton is going to kill me if she finds out I'm telling you this. But I feel like you need to know this."

I pulled back and opened my front door.

"Well, let's go sit in the living room."

She followed me into the living room and sat down on the couch. I sat down across from her.

I leaned forward with my arms hanging over my knees.

"Listen, if you feel this is something that I need to know then please tell me. But if it's something that isn't going to make a difference then maybe you shouldn't tell me."

She shook her head. "No, it is something that will change everything. But I also know that Peyton is going to kill me for telling you."

She stood up and walked towards the fireplace. Then she turned and looked at me.

"Peyton lied to you."

I leaned back and crossed my arms. 

"I already know she lied to me. I then forgave her, this isn't news Carrie."

Carrie rubbed the bridge of her nose and took another deep breath.

"No, I mean she lied about lying to you."

I shook my head because I was super confused.

"I don't understand. You are not making any sense."

She sighed and went and sat back down.

"Do you remember when I told you about John taking advantage of Peyton?"

I nodded my head.

"Yes, I do remember. I also remember her saying she lied about that because she was ashamed."

Carrie nodded her head and her eyes welled up with tears that were threatening to spill over.

"Yes, but that wasn't the truth, Parker. The first story that you were told was the truth. John forced Peyton to make a deal that he would drop the charges and you could go free if she would tell you she was lying about him taking advantage and stalking her. She was supposed to make you hate her and turn your back on her."