Sweet Sixteens

Peyton

  Amber never told Parker about what I said to her and that was fine with me. She and her friends would always say mean things when they walked past me in the hallway like calling me a slut or something. They would only do this though when Parker and Zak weren't around. They knew they wouldn't tolerate that.

I didn't care, I was too excited about today. Today was Parker's sixteenth birthday and like we do every year we were combining our birthday parties into one giant one, even though we knew he didn't want one. He never minded about mine being celebrated with his, one of the many reasons I loved him! The best part was our Aunt Linda and Uncle Tyler were coming back into town for our birthdays. 

They weren't really our aunt and uncle by blood, but they were our parent's best friends, so we grew up calling them aunt and uncle. I haven't seen them in over a year. They were always traveling the world so it would be nice to see them again!

At the mall, I found this really pretty dress for the party. Sara just arrived at my house, and we were heading next door. When she saw my dress, her jaw dropped!

"Damn girl, you look amazing!"

I spun around. "Thank you. I swear it called out to me at the mall. I knew I had to have it!"

We walked over and I opened Parker's door and walked in, and his mom came up and hugged me. "Hey sweetie, you look so beautiful!" 

I hugged her back. "Thank you I appreciate it!"

She pulled back and hugged Sara. "Hello to you Sara."

"Hey, Mrs. Morello." Aunt Saint pulled back and looked down at Sara.

"Oh no, Mrs. Morello! Please call me Saint! When you call me that it makes me feel so old!"

We took off for the backyard and I saw Parker and his dad playing catch. When he saw me, he ran up to me and hugged me. He whispered in my ear. "You look so beautiful Tink!"

I pulled back. "Thank you, Parker. Happy Birthday!" 

He kept staring at me when I felt an arm go around my shoulder.

"You are staring at my girl Parker."

Zak kissed the side of my head and Parker shook his head. "Sorry, she doesn't look like the little girl I grew up with anymore!"

I looked around the yard. "So Parker, is Amber going to be here today?"

He shook his head. "No, my mom isn't a fan of hers and I told her we could celebrate later."

I felt the tension leave my shoulders.

Parker laughed. "I know you all don't get along, but at least she is staying out of your way."

Right, if only Parker knew that his little girlfriend was being a pain in my butt. But I'll let him deal with her. Zak looked at me.

"Would you like something to drink?" I nodded my head and he kissed me before we both walked off to grab something to drink.

Parker