The Deal

Parker

      I couldn't believe what Peyton's roommate just said to me. This bastard seriously took advantage of Peyton and now was stalking and harassing her. I had to do something to get this maniac to back off but what?

I was so lost in thought that when I started walking towards the parking lot, I forgot that I didn't have my car any more thanks to this asshole.

When I turned around, some guy was standing in the middle of the sidewalk just glaring at me. I walked up and stopped right in front of him.

"Do you have a problem or something?"

He laughed and then crossed his arms. 

"Yea I have a problem. I have a problem with you hanging around my girlfriend. She is mine and you need to just back the fuck off!"

Just then I saw red when I realized this was the creep that Peyton told me about. I blacked out and don't know what happened next.

Peyton

I walked out into the living room hoping that Parker was out there, but he wasn't. Carrie came up and hugged me.

"I'm sorry, I know you didn't want to say anything, but I could see that boy is head over heels for you and would do anything to help."

I shook my head and sighed. "He's not in love with me. He's just been my best friend since we were born and has always been protective over me."

She stared at me for a second before she laughed. "I'm sorry but anybody could see that he is in love with you. I can't believe that you knew Parker Morello your whole life and didn't tell me by the way!"

I threw my hands up in surrender. "Sorry, but you were all creepy obsessed and I didn't want you going all fan girl on me. We grew up together as best friends and then we sort of lost touch. There wasn't much to tell."

She looked like she was going to say something else but then we heard someone pounding on the door. We both looked at each other with wide eyes. We walked over to the door and Carrie looked through the peephole. She sighed and opened the door.

"It's just our neighbor."

I let out a breath and waited while she opened the door. Our neighbor was standing there and looked white as a ghost. She was our local nosy neighbor so if there was something you wanted to find out she was the one to go to. She was out of breath.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but I had to come to tell you! That fine-looking man who left your place not too long ago is in the parking lot getting arrested!"

I felt all the color drain from my face. I didn't even put my shoes on and ran down the stairs terrified of what I would find. But then I saw the red and blue lights.

Parker

"Do you understand these rights that I have just said to you?" I nodded my head while he placed the handcuffs on me while I leaned against the car.

Just then I heard Peyton's voice. I so did not want her to see me like this.

"Parker!" She ran up to me, but before she could get close to me the cop put his arm out.