𓊈𒆜 EIGHTEEN 𒆜𓊉

𝐼 𝐿 𝒮 𝒜
•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅• 

Ilsa was brought out of his peaceful sleep by Cassian murmuring that it was time for his checkup. Ilsa wasn't sure he'd ever had an official checkup, so he didn't really know what to expect, and he was nervous. He was currently sitting with Cassian in the room where Seraphina was going to lead the doctor in, but he just felt anxious.

He obviously had to disclose his heritage to the doctor, so that was going to be uncomfortable. He didn't really know how to do this. He was scared and he didn't think Cassian would be with him. Cassian hadn't said so, but he'd promised him privacy when they talked on their way to the room so it made Ilsa venture to think that Cassian didn't intend to stay with him through the examination. What was he going to have done to him? The only doctors he'd ever seen were the ones in Caelestes and they were all his fathers hand selected doctoral staff, sworn to secrecy about his care. He didn't know what a doctor trained somewhere else would do, and his father had never left him with one of the doctors from home alone before.

Ilsa let out a shaky breath as he looked at the door and then back to Cassian, wrapping his arms around his stomach nervously. He was so nervous, he didn't know what to do. He didn't want Cassian to leave him alone with the doctor. He couldn't trust the doctor, not if Cassian wasn't there, right? His father had accompanied him to every one of the 'checkups' he'd scarcely had. He didn't really trust anyone but Cassian.

Helix and Felix were around enough that he knew if he needed something he could call them and they were both alright. He wouldn't really say Seraphina was frightening, and Naevys... well he was just... uncanny in some way that Ilsa couldn't really identify. That didn't mean he trusted any of them.

He trusted that Cassian trusted them. An admittedly odd specification, one he felt weird even making because it sounded so invalidating to his previous claim to himself. Cassian's trust in them made him slightly less uncomfortable about letting them near him. This was just a physician--was that different from a doctor? He had no idea. He was so confused and nervous, and he didn't want to be a burden and ask a bunch of unnecessary questions. Cassian hummed quietly and reached his hand out, putting it on Ilsa's lower back.

Ilsa let out a huff, not out of any desire to be bratty or anything like that, just because the motion had startled him a bit. He was so caught up in his head he hadn't even noticed Cassian's movement at first. He was so uneasy, he couldn't focus..

"Lovebird, is something the matter?" Cassian asked him. Ilsa shook his head as he let out a deep breath, his heart racing a little. He needed to breathe, Cassian would begin to feel his panic if he didn't relax, but it was so hard. Everything felt like it was closing in on him, and he just wanted to run. Why did he have to see a physician? Surely there had to be some better way to have a check up! "Ilsa, sweetheart," Cassian prodded.

Ilsa looked up at him, unsure what to say. He was already more emotional than usual, more clingy, he didn't want to be a massive burden on Cassian. Cassian let out a soft hum and rubbed his hand in soothing circles. Ilsa couldn't help the breath that escaped him, less fueled by his anxiety and more fueled by Cassian's touch. It was embarrassingly easy for Cassian to calm him down.

"Ilsa, what's the matter?" Cassian asked soothingly, making Ilsa bite his lip and shake his head. He couldn't keep being so much of a burden, Cassian was going to want to get rid of him and he didn't want that. Against his will, tears flooded his eyes at the thought, his heart aching a little. Cassian frowned and gripped onto his chin, tilting his head back so that Ilsa couldn't avoid his eyes. "Ilsa, tell me what is bothering you." Cassian said firmly, his thumb rubbing along his cheek. Ilsa hesitated but nodded his agreement.