𓊈𒆜 FIVE 𒆜𓊉

𝐼 𝐿 𝒮 𝒜
•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

It was the day. He was getting married. When Ilsa had woken up, it'd been to Helix and Felix knocking frantically on the door, and his morning had only gotten busier. Cassian had been busy the entire morning as well, which was understandable and expected. Cassian had meetings to handle last minute business, and then they would be getting married. He was nervous--he couldn't even really figure out why he was so nervous. He just felt as if he were going to bounce out of his skin. He was so excited--but what if something went wrong?

What if he forgot his lines? What if he tripped while walking down the aisle? Was he walking down an aisle? If so, who was walking him down the aisle? What if the mating process is public and he went into heat during the ceremony? What if the original bride wasn't as okay with their engagement as Cassian claimed? What if Naevys suddenly turned against him and told everyone he was lying? What if his father showed up with an army and killed everyone? What if Cassian's mother showed up and immediately saw right through him? He was going to go insane with all of these questions. He felt so nervous, and honestly all he wanted was his teddy. He'd left him behind in Caelestes, but he was beginning to regret that decision. He couldn't just pop in for a visit and collect his lost items from his father now that he was gone.

It was his only comfort item he'd had all his life, and he thought because he was older than most mountains in the human realm, he had evolved past sleeping with a stuffed hellhound, but obviously not. He was way too nervous. It was all in his head, he knew that, but it didn't make it easier. He wanted this to be perfect. He didn't even know why it meant so much to him, he'd not planned a single moment of it... but even so... he wanted it to be a good memory.

"It's time," Someone said softly, popping up behind him. Ilsa gasped, his hand jerking up to his chest. "I apologize for startling you, sir," The man said as he bowed his head. Ilsa flushed and shook his head, waving his hand.

"It's no big deal," Ilsa assured him, feeling a little shy. He didn't recognize this man--while he was dressed in a suit and Ilsa could tell he was a vampire, he still didn't know him and he felt a moment of hesitation. He couldn't help it. There were many faces around the castle that he'd see in passing but this wasn't one. "What is it time for?" Ilsa asked. The man was tall and slim, with deep violet hair and eyes, they seemed almost lifeless, though. Cassian's eyes seemed to swirl and glow, but this man's just seemed... dead.

"I was sent by his highness's guard to summon you to the garden." He explained, and Ilsa frowned for a moment. That was where the wedding was being held, but still felt like something wasn't right. Helix and Felix were usually the ones who came to escort him somewhere, and he just couldn't justify leaving with him without checking it out.

"Helix," Ilsa said, pausing for a moment, "And Felix were supposed to escort me." He said, discreetly trying to call them. Apparently, his plan had worked, because Helix actually popped up in front of him immediately.

"What are you doing here?" Helix said, frowning and crossing his arms. The vampire sighed deeply and scratched the back of his neck.

"I was doing the job I was assigned, Helix. What are you doing here?" He responded, scowling at him as he too crossed his arms. The pair seemed to be at a momentary impasse. There was a strange energy around them, it almost seemed to feel thick and heavy, like something was sitting on his chest. He didn't feel 'in danger' in the slightest, but... He seriously thought Helix might punch the vampire in question.

"U-Uh... Is the wedding starting?" Ilsa asked, and Helix immediately turned his attention to Ilsa.

"Yes, I will escort you, let's go sir." Helix said, smiling at him in a way that let him know he probably shouldn't question it, and instead should just let him lead him off, so without a complaint in the world, Ilsa found himself being dragged off. He felt excitement bubble in his chest and he bit his lip. I can't wait to be married to this man. The thought was a little surprising, but it made him happy, regardless.