𓊈𒆜 TEN 𒆜𓊉

𝐼 𝐿 𝒮 𝒜
•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

When Shadow showed up for their training session, Ilsa was quick to show off his newly perfected skills. He had been practicing the entire morning, intent on fully mastering the techniques she had previously shown him. He wanted to start on something useful, something he could use to defend himself and Cassian with. That was when she pulled out a book of spells. The book of spells was a book on energy bending.

Getting the book was the easy part, Ilsa soon realized, as he opened it and scanned over the pages of the book. It looked like someone had scribbled out all of the writing in the book.

"Shadow, how am I supposed to learn from a book I am unable to decipher?" Ilsa asked, not intending it to sound sarcastic but he was pretty sure that was inevitable. It was such a blunt statement, there really wasn't much of a way to soften it and honestly, Ilsa was just concerned--did Shadow actually give him the wrong book or something?

"Deciphering them is part of the work, Ilsa. You must look beyond what is covering the words to access the spells." Shadow offered with a smile. "It is your task for this week. You must decipher at least the first three by this weeks end. If you manage to do more, that's fantastic, but aim for three. Okay? They're short, sweet."

"My task for the week is deciphering a book that doesn't want me to read it?" Ilsa asked, making Shadow nod.

"Sounds like an annoying task, right? Well, to some degree, it is. It's meant to keep our spells from falling into the wrong hands. I'm sure you can do it." Shadow said, putting her hand over the book. "You have to focus, clear your mind and let the words jump off of the page at you." She said, making Ilsa nod. Okay, that sounded easy enough right? Ilsa nodded again.

"I think I understand." Ilsa said, making her smile.

"You can do this, Ilsa." Shadow said, putting her hand on Ilsa's shoulder. "I have faith in your abilities to figure out even the hardest energy bending spells. You are incredibly intelligent, I can tell just by you mastering telekinesis in a week's time. You've shown impressive growth," She paused, fixing him with a look that made his heart skip a little excitedly. "Show me what you're made of Ilsa. Can you do it?"

"I can do it." Ilsa said.

"One more thing before the end of our lesson." Shadow said, pulling her hand away. She did a movement with her hand, her fingers seemed to move in a waving motion before a bag appeared in it. "What do you know about tarot?"

"Not a lot, admittedly." Shadow nodded and pulled out the cards, fanning them out.

"These cards are--shall we say, multi-use." Shadow said, smirking a little as she ran one of her fingers along the edge of one of the end cards. "Seventy eight cards in a deck. Each card has its own imagery, symbolism, and story." She paused for a moment. "There are 22 Major Arcana cards that represent life's karmic and spiritual lessons. They represent a path to self awareness, depicting the various stages encountered as you search for greater meaning and understanding. They hold meaningful lessons for you."

"There are 56 Minor Arcana cards, and they reflect the trials and tribulations that you experience on a daily basis. These cards highlight the more practical aspects of life," Shadow paused, "And can refer to current issues that have a temporary or minor influence." He paused, about to question her on the emphasis on that word, before she continued. "Within the Minor Arcana cards, there are each representing 16 different personality characteristics you might express at any time. There are also 40 numbered cards sorted into four suits-- Cups, Pentacles, Swords, and Wands. Each suit is exactly ten cards in number, representing various situations you encounter day to day."