Chapter 21: Who Are You Then?

Author's Note:
Hi rebels,
Sorry for ending the last chapter how I did.
Anyway I hope you at enjoying the story.
Warning ⚠️:
This chapter does contain knifes, guns and blood but it's not super gory.

Ezra's POV:

Kanan looked at he dumbfounded and unable to say a word, so I just stood there and waited for him to start shouting at me for lying to him about not being in the Rebels.

"E-Ezra?!"

Clap. clap. clap. clap. The sound of slow, devious clapping filled the air, and I peered to my left to see none other than the Grand Inquisitor with a smug look on his face.

"So that's what the famous leader of the Rebellions name is" the Inquisitor smirked as he repeated my name. "Ezra".

"Agent Kallus was right about you boy. Just nothing more than a mere child. You missed our meeting last Friday you know. I was looking forward to talking to you" he smiled evilly. "But you never showed up. Leaving me no choice but to tell the cops about your patrol route".

"What do you want?!" I called up to him.

He laughed. "What I want, I've already got my boy. All of the Rebels in one place".

Oh no.

I whistled loudly and hastily, and all of the Rebels scattered. Even some police officers pointed their guns in multiple directions with fright.

I knew what I needed to do.

"Inquisitor! It's me you want! Let the rest of the Rebels go!" I called.

He eyed me suspiciously before descending the building.

He towered over me with a knife gripped firmly in his hand. "I'll give you three seconds to run" he growled, and I glanced at Kanan, still staring at me, before I took of running.

I had to get him away from everyone else!

I couldn't let anyone else get hurt!

I scaled back up and over the wall where Sabine and Zeb were waiting.

"Hey kid! Where are ya going?!" Zeb asked as I quickly pointed to the One Vanderbilt tower and ran past, closely followed by the Inquisitor.

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, with the rain pouring down against my face. I was getting tired. But I had to keep going.

"You can't run forever boy", the Inquisitor spoke calmly behind me.

He threw his knife and it missed my head by inches as I skidded round a corner.

"The darkness of your past is too strong for you orphan. It will swallow you up even now" he addressed whist pulling his knife out of the wall from where it had landed.

Finally I got too One Vanderbilt tower and looked up.