just a pretty girl with a shotglass

Pin was doing her last bit of preparations and house cleaning before Leafy was set to arrive. She had sugar cookies in the oven and her dog, Rookie, ran around the backyard. She daydreamed about how the day could go, a stupid grin never leaving her face.

The idea was originally Pin's. Leafy had mentioned that she was allergic to dogs, and by some amazing chance, Rookie just so happened to be a Chinese Crested mix. Sure, he wasn't the prettiest dog, but he was hypoallergenic and gave Pin a chance to get to know Leafy better.

Now, it was Leafy who'd brought up the coming storms, and Leafy who had decided that their hangout could be a sleepover instead.

Pin all but screamed upon hearing the suggestion, and immediately agreed. She considered staging a 'there's only one bed' situation, but that meant she'd have to actually put effort into cleaning her room when they'd probably just stick to the living room anyway.

She let Rookie in, and her phone buzzed with a message. She excitedly checked it, hoping for an "on my way!" or something from Leafy, only to be disappointed as it was just Coiny asking if Pin had ever skipped detention.

>No and you better not
>It's only 6 hours, you'll live

>6 hours alone with Firey after everything that happened yesterday???
>Pin I'd rather die

>Sucks to suck
>I can't help you here man

>crying

Pin sighed and closed her phone.

At his request, Pin had called Coiny yesterday after school and listen to him frantically tell her he'd fought Firey and now thought the guy was attractive. She was surprised he'd admitted it so quickly, only then realizing the reason.

She needed context so he could message her all about it during detention. Unfortunately for him, Pin had things to do today and couldn't walk him through a step by step of how to apologize and make amends with someone. And she definitely couldn't tell him what to do with his newfound "infatuation" as he'd put it.

She quietly laughed to herself, remembering how the second she'd hit the call button, Coiny answered and blurted out, "Pin have you ever wanted to hit someone and make out with them at the same time. Like he slammed me into a wall and I had a Reaction." And then when Pin didn't have a response to that, he yelled "PIN PLEASE I THINK I BROKE HIS NOSE??"

They were on the phone for an hour or two before Pin had to go out to run errands. Her advice for Coiny: "Give it some time but don't be hostile towards him if you want your little crush to go anywhere."

Since she now knew about Firey's feelings towards Coiny, she could imagine he probably felt less than stellar about fighting the guy. She was tempted to tell Coiny to straight up apologize, but she knows he's too stubborn for that.

The timer went off and she quickly slipped on some oven mits before taking the cookies from the oven and leaving them on the stove to cool. It's no cheesecake, but it'll do.

She sat on the counter beside the stove and opened her phone again. Coiny, surprisingly, hadn't sent any more messages. He'd be making his way to their school for morning detention right about now, probably listening to as many songs as he could before having to being without a phone for 6 hours. Pin felt bad, but he really did this to himself.

So no messages from Coiny, but one from Leafy.

>Am I okay to start heading over?

Pin excitedly tapped her fingers on the counter below her and replied.

>Yeah!! I made cookies :]

>ooo what are they?

>You'll have to wait and see

Pin kicked her legs, feeling kind of embarrassed but reveling in the elation she felt knowing she was about to spend a whole day with the cutest girl she knew. She hoped today would go well, and now that they both know they're both single, maybe today could go even more than well.

Pin wasn't going to get her hopes up, but the possibility was still there, and seemed just a little more likely as her phone buzzed with another message.

>Heading over now!
>See you soon <3

———————————

back from hiatus again i'm so sorry ily,,,, i've just been going from one hyper fixation to the next but istg i'm gonna continue this fic