I just like writing dreams ok

Leafy awoke with a start, and with a confused expression. She'd dreamt of something.

The noirette hardly ever dreamt, and usually she'd forget the dreams as soon as she could process them. But this one, oh this one was still vivid in her mind. She shook her head, "no time to dwell on it" she thought.

Leafy stood and checked her alarm clock, 6am. She stretched out her arms before standing and going to sit at the desk across from her bed. She grabbed a book from a nearby shelf and turned on the lamp that stood beside her.

She intended to study, but there was a nagging feeling in the back of her mind. That damn dream.

She sighed, leaning back in her chair Leafy figured she wouldn't be able to focus if she didn't address it first. Alright, let's try to recap.

She'd been on a balcony, but it wasn't connected to any house, it was instead connected to a pillar. She didn't know how she would've gotten up, or how she was planning to get down. Dream logic.

She looked down, there was a crowd, a large one. They were all telling her to climb higher. To where? She was already at the top wasn't she?

Upon looking back again, she found the pillar had grown taller, the balcony remained in place.

"Climb, climb, climb!" they chanted.

How was she supposed to climb that? It was a pillar, and there weren't any cracks or holds she could use to help. Why did they want so much from her?

Leafy felt she needed to please them, so with a deep breath, she stood in front of the pillar and tried to find a way to grip. Nothing. The chanting grew louder and louder, it was all she could hear.

She fell back and scooted against the pillar, curling into the fetal position she closed her eyes and covered her ears. It was futile. The chanting seemed to grow louder as if now echoing against her hands.

She could almost feel dread closing in around her, like an inky cage. She curled up tighter, her hands now held around her legs. She sat helplessly.

Before feeling a comforting hand on her shoulder. She didn't dare open her eyes to look up, and instead listened as the stranger stood and yelled back to the crowd.

"Hey!! Shut up!!" was all that was said, and then silence came. Leafy opened her eyes and slowly lifted her head from her knees. All she could see before she woke up was the stranger turning back towards her.

It was Pin, strangely enough.

Why Pin? Leafy didn't know. People say dreams are supposed to be weird like that. People also say dreams are supposed to be like, about your day or something.

Weird.

"Well, I thought about it, now back to studying." Leafy smiled to herself, finding where she was on the page and picking up her pen to get back to it. Not before thinking aloud fondly,

"Maybe I'll tell Pin about it later."

——————————

Sorry for that random hiatus, school is kicking my ass.

My art style has changed a bit so future chapter art is gonna look different 🤙

ok bye