It'll make sense

Firey leaned forward, laughing at something Leafy had said, what am I laughing at?

He leaned back, his arms out on the headrest of the couch he was sat on. Across from him on an identical couch sat Leafy and Pin, the two leaning on to each other, Pin's arm hooked around the noirette's waist.

Multi colored strobes made the two look like they moved in slow motion, yet still erraticly. Despite all the natural colors around him being obstructed by the lights, he could tell the couch and drink in his mug were a dark and neon purple.

that's odd... who's house is this?

Firey was staring into the strange purple drink, before being interrupted by loud laughter across from him. Leafy was now leaning onto Pin as the taller leaned onto an armrest.

Pin let out a strangley loving sigh, before kissing Leafy's head and draping her arms onto her shoulders. Firey was confused.

When did they-

"Woo! Get it Pin!" he heard a familiar voice exclaim from beside him, and only then noticed there was hair tickling his upper arm. Firey quickly glanced to his side, only to see... Coiny?

Firey was going to pull his arm back, but found something was

Firey was going to pull his arm back, but found something was.. different? He didn't want to.

So he didn't. He simply gazed down at Coiny, the boy having started talking to Pin about... something. He couldn't hear, they weren't making any noise.

What's going on?

Blue, red, green, yellow, purple.

Firey didn't have time to be confused about everything, as Coiny had noticed him staring and was now staring back. No glare, no snarky comments, just staring back into his eyes as Firey was him.

Blue, red, green, yellow, purple. Pink? Pink, blue, red, green, yellow, purple.

Coiny looked at the taller through half lidded eyes, the strobes were starting to give Firey a headache, but he wasn't paying attention to that. Coiny reached up, slowly, but without hesitance. His eyes angled downwards, he leaned forward.

Then it clicked, "I'm dreaming." Firey spoke.

——————————

Firey gasped and sat up, grasping at the loose pajama shirt he wore. He felt his heart beating heavily within his chest "w.. what the fuck?" he mumbled to himself, breathlessly laughing in disbelief. He glanced at his phone and tapped it, causing it to blink on and the cracks, which he'd discovered upon getting home that day, to be visible in its light.

The time was 4:47am.

He just sat there for a solid minute or two, the memory of the flashing lights and odd silence apart from the background music he was sure he'd only heard playing guitar hero or something.

But most of all, the memory of Coiny. It was just so... odd to see him that close and not smirking or glaring. And what was with Pin and Leafy? They hardly talk less so near Firey considering his rivalry with Coiny.

He reached to his side, turning on a lamp before he hesitantly reached under the pillow beside him to pull out a journal with a pen attached to it, and a title written upon the cover. A dream journal.

When he was younger, he'd frequently have night terrors. Not as much now, but every so often he'd have an unpleasant dream. So he'd been trying to lucid dream, and one of the tips for that was keeping a journal and writing the dreams you have in it.

Do I really wanna write this down?

A passing thought, as he'd already began writing the date and time at the top of the page. He took a deep breath before beginning a summary of what he could remember of the dream.

Strobe lights... Party setting... couches across one another... purple drink... Pin and Leafy... headache... cheering.. me and Coiny...

By the time he decided he'd written a good enough summary to where he wouldn't totally forget everything, he felt himself growing tired again. He slid the journal back under the pillow and lied down, opting to stare at the ceiling until his eyes got heavy.

Why would I dream of... him? He's a stupid idiot with a dorky hideout and... I don't know! He's dumb! I don't need to dwell on him in my dreams, he already makes me do that in real life, with the stupid stunts he pulls.

Why did my brain have to articulate him as if he's not my rival? I wish he wasn't. What if he wasn't? Then we wouldn't get in trouble as much.. well he's still a troublemaker but I would want to mess around with him, cuz we'd be not enemies.

Us as friends though?

"What the fuck." Firey mumbled one last time before closing his eyes and drifting off, falling asleep going through alternate universes where he and Coiny didn't hate each other.

He doesn't hate Coiny though.

————————

hnfjjf idk if there's gonna be much chapter art for the next few chapters, art block is kicking my ass. I might add some art for this chapter later cuz I want to but fjfjndnfjs