Chapter Forty Nine

Edeline’s P.O.V 
After a while, we heard yelling as soon as the stone guards put up their shields, “Professor, Get on my back.” I said to him, “what, no.” he said to me, “come on just do it. I’m faster than you are with your short legs.” I said to him and he soon got on my back before I ran through the stone guards until we eventually got back to the Castle and Professor Flitwick got of my back before I started fighting Death Eater’s among other creatures as I eventually made it inside only to bump into mum, “are you alright?” she asked me, “yeah, brilliant. Where’s dad?” I asked her, “I don’t know. We got split up.” she told me before the both of us fought together until I went looking for Harry before finally finding him, “do you know where it is?” I asked him as we ran through the corridors, “yeah. The Room of Requirement.” he said as the school started falling apart until we finally made it there and soon enough, the door appeared and the both of us looked around for it until I noticed Harry stop, “what is it? Did you find it?” I asked him, “I think so.” he told me as he walked toward something before he soon revealed a box before opening it and we soon saw the Diadem, “that’s it. That’s what Luna was talking about earlier.” I told him before I noticed something from the corner of my eye and quickly turned with my wand raised before seeing that it was Draco as I let out a sigh of relief before I lowered my wand, “well, well. What brings you here Potter?” Draco said as I slowly walked over to him and rested my hand on his arm, “don’t do this.” I said to him, “I could ask you the same.” Harry told him, “you have something of mine. I’d like it back.” Draco said to him, “Draco, please.” I said to him, “what’s wrong with the one you have?” Harry asked him, “It's my mothers. It’s powerful but it's not the same. Doesn’t quite understand me. You know what I mean?” Draco said to Harry, “why didn’t you tell her, Bellatrix? You know it was us. You didn’t say anything” Harry asked him, “come on Draco. Don’t be a prat.” Goyal said to him, “piss off Goyal.” I said to him, “I only did it for her, not you.” Draco said to him, “then lower your wand. We don’t need another fight.” I said to him and he looked at me and he was about to before Hermione did something, “Expelliarmus.” she said disarming Draco before he ran off with Blaise and Goyal and soon enough, Ron ran after them before seeing Harry climbing the mountain of stuff and both Hermione and I started doing the same thing as we helped him before he finally got the Diadem before we heard something and managed to get down before hearing Ron screaming as he ran in our direction, “Goyal set the bloody place on fire.” Ron shouted before seeing a large fiery snake coming towards us, “Harry lets go before we become burnt meat.” I said to him before we ran for it as we tried to find out way out of the Room of Requirement until everything was blocked off before Harry put a shield around us, “brooms” Ron said before he gave us one and we soon flew and looked for a way out before we flew past Draco and Blaise, “I’m not leaving him Harry. I’m going back” I said to him before doing so and tried grabbing his hand but I missed it before turning around and managed to grab him this time while Ron managed to grab onto Blaise and eventually, we all got out of the Room of Requirement before falling, “are you alright love?” Draco asked me and I nodded, “I’m fine. You?” I said to him, “never better.” he told me before kissing me before Harry managed to destroy the Diadem before I noticed Harry, “Harry. What is it?” I asked him and it took him a moment before speaking up, “it’s the snake. She’s the last one, it’s the last Horcrux.” Harry told us, “if the Snake is the last one, then Voldemort would keep it near him at all times.” I told him, “look inside him Harry. Find out where he is and if we can find him, we can find the Snake. Then we can end this.” Ron told him before I grabbed his hand before the both of us closed our eyes and I let him use my power to make it easier and quicker to do so as we saw Voldemort with Draco’s father while they both talked.

After it was over, the both of us just looked at each other before he spoke up, “we know where he is.” Harry told them before we left only to see that the fight was still going on as we fought our way through before stopping only to see Greyback before Hermione got him off of Lavender only to see that he had killed her before we continued to make our way through before we made it to the front of the Courtyard before seeing Dementor’s coming our way and I was about to use my powers before someone beat me to it and we turned around to see that it was Aberforth and mum, “you guys go on ahead. I’ll stay here and help.” I told Harry, “be careful then. Don’t get yourself killed.” he told me and I nodded before hugging him, “be careful” I told him before we moved away from the hug, “now go, we’ll be fine.” I told him before he left with Hermione and Ron before the rest of us continued to fight and mum and I eventually found dad, “oh thank god you’re both alright” he said to us, “I feel brilliant. I think there’s too much Adrenaline going through me to be honest.” I said to him as we fought off a few Death Eaters and after a while, something began to happen before we began to hear Voldemort’s voice, “you have fought valiantly, but in vain. I do not wish this, every drop of Magical Blood spilt is a terrible waste. I therefore command my forces to retreat and in their absence, dispose of your dead with dignity. Harry Potter and Edeline Lupin, I now speak directly to you. On this night, you have allowed your friends to die for you rather than to face me yourselves. There is no greater dishonour. Join me in the Forbidden Forest and confront your fates. If you do not do this, I shall kill every last man, woman and child who tries to conceal either of you from me.” Voldemort said to everyone and I just stood there not knowing what to think as everyone started bringing in the dead as I sat alone for a moment to think to myself.