Chapter Thirty: Half Blood Prince

Edeline’s P.O.V
Another summer had come and gone and Harry and I were with Hermione and Ron in Diagon Alley and we were in the Twins new shop that they had recently opened up and we were looking around until Hermione, Myself and Ginny ended up at the Love Potions, “Hello Ladies.” the twins said to the three of us, “Love Potions hey.” one of them said, “yeah, they really do work” the other said to us, “then again, the way we hear it sis, you’re doing just fine on your own.” they said to Ginny, “meaning?” She asked them, “are you not currently dating Dean Thomas?” one of them asked, “it’s none of your business.” she said to them before walking away and I chuckled a little before I noticed that Cormack was looking in our direction and noticed that he was looking at Hermione, “bloody git he is I can tell you that much.” I said to Hermione before we walked away and continued to look around before we met up with Harry and looked to see that Ron was just talking with his brothers before we left the shop, “how are Fred and George doing it? Half the Alley’s closed down.” Hermione said to us, “they Reckon people need a laugh these days.” Ron told us, “you’re not wrong there. It would be a good distraction from what’s going on out there.” I said to them before we noticed Mr. Ollivander’s shop, “oh no. everyone got their wands from Ollivander’s.” Hermione said to us, “I hope he’s alright. People said Death Eaters took him along with a few wands.” I mentioned to them before we walked inside before Ron spoke up, “Harry. Edeline. Is it me or does Draco and mummy look like two people who don’t want to be followed.” Ron said to us as we looked to see what he was talking about to see Malfoy and his mother before they walked away, “we should follow them.” Harry said to us, “wait what? No, we shouldn’t follow them. Who knows what they’re doing.” I said before Harry left and we soon followed Draco and his mother before eventually stopping from a distance to see them walk into a shop called Borgin and Burkes before hearing something else and managed to climb onto a roof to get a better view of what was going on before seeing Greyback getting in the way and so we hid before we were caught before eventually seeing that the curtain was closed, “did you get what you want?” I asked him, “I’m just curious as to why they were with that Cabinet.” Harry said as we managed to get down from the roof, “who knows but so far, it’s not really our business.” I said to him before we left and eventually met up with mum, “where did you run off to?” she asked us, “we were just walking around. Nowhere in particular.” I told her and eventually left Diagon Alley.

It was the day we were heading back to Hogwarts and as I sat next to Harry looking out the window, all I could think about was what was going on before hearing Harry speak up about what we saw, “so what was Draco doing with that weird looking Cabinet? And who were all those people? Don’t you see, it was a ceremony, an initiation.” Harry said to us, “stop it Harry. I know where you’re going with this.” Hermione told him, “me too and I think I like it.” I said to him, “it happened. He’s one of them.” Harry said to us, “one of what?” Ron asked him, “Harry is under the impression that Draco Malfoy is now a Death Eater.” Hermione told him, “you’re barking. Why would You-Know-Who want a sud like Malfoy?” Ron asked him, “but then what’s he doing Borgin and Burkes, browsing for furniture?” Harry asked, “it’s a creepy shop, he’s a creepy bloat.” Ron said to him, “Look, his father is a Death Eater, it only makes sense. Besides Hermione and Edeline saw it with their own eyes” Harry said to him, “I told you, I don’t know what I saw.” Hermione told him, “look, I’m sure we get what you’re saying but just because his father was one, doesn’t mean he has to be one and besides, I doubt someone his age would get the choice in becoming one either considering You-Know-Who would make sure of it whether you wanted to be a Death Eater or not.” I said to Harry, “I need some air” Harry said before leaving and I sighed a little, “do you really think so?” Hermione asked, “about what?” I asked her, “about Draco not having a choice if he was one.” she said and I shrugged, “it makes sense if you think about it. I know we never got along with him since we started going to Hogwarts but If Draco was A Death Eater, I doubt he’d have to choose whether to become one or not.” I told her, “I see your point” Hermione said before we continued to talk about it throughout the rest of the train ride back to the school until we had eventually got to the Platform and everyone started getting off the Train, “where’s Harry?” Hermione asked us, “don’t know.” I said to her, “he’s probably already on the Platform.” Ron told her before we got off the train and eventually made our way to the school.

Rosalie’s P.O.V
The students had finally arrived and we were already in the Great Hall waiting for them to arrive before they eventually walked through the large doors and sat with their houses before we started with the Sorting Ceremony before everyone got settled before Dumbledore egan to feast and once it was nearly over, he eventually walked up to the podium before he began to speak to everyone, “very best of evenings to you all. First off let me introduce the newest member of our staff, Horace Slughorn.” Dumbledore said before everyone clapped for him before Dumbledore continued, “Professor Slughorn, I’m happy to say, has agreed to resume his old post as Potions Master. Meanwhile the Post of Defence Against the Dark Arts will be taken by Professor Snape. Now as you know, each and every one of you was searched upon your arrival here tonight and you have the right to know why. Once, there was a young man, who like you, sat in this very hall. Walked this castle’s corridors. Stepped under its roof. He seemed to all the world a student like any other, his name Tom Riddle. Today of course, he’s known all over the world by another name which is why, as I stand looking out upon you all tonight, I’m reminded of a sobering fact. Everyday. Every hour. This very minute perhaps. Dark forces attempt to penetrate this Castle’s walls. But in the end, their greatest weapon is you. Just something to think about. Now off to bed, pip pip.” Dumbledore said as he dismissed everyone from the Great Hall and once we left, Edeline came up to me, “how are you feeling love?” I asked her, “I’m alright. Can I stay with you tonight?” she asked and I smiled a little and nodded before walking to my room.

By the time we had gotten to my room, I closed the door before I noticed that something was up, “what’s wrong?” I asked her, “it’s something Harry said on our way here earlier.” she told me and I sat down with her, “what did he say?” I asked her, “He thinks Draco Malfoy is a Death Eater like his father.” she told me and I furrowed my brows a little, “I doubt Voldemort would want a child on his side.” I said to her, “exactly, I mean I want to believe him but at the same time I don’t know what to think about it.” she said to me and I sighed a little, “well, we will just have to see and find out whether or not it’s true.” I said to her and she nodded, “what if he is telling the truth?” she asked and I thought about it, “then I will feel sorry for the boy.” I said to her and I hugged her, “we will get through this alright.” I said to her, “I hope so. I don’t want to die.” she said to me, “you will not die, do you understand? I will make sure of it alright.” I said to her as I had her look at me and she nodded, “now get ready for bed young lady. I’m sure you’re tired.” I said to her and she stood up and eventually got changed before I had done the same and thought about writing to Remus about what Edeline told me since I’m sure that he’d want to know about something like this and after thinking about it for a while, I noticed that Edeline was already asleep and I smiled a little as I looked at her as I saw so much of Remus in her and eventually, I went to bed myself considering I had to get up earlier along with the rest of the teachers the next morning.