Chapter Forty Three

Edeline’s P.O.V
It was another day and we were finally going to get ourselves into the Ministry as some of the workers and both Ron and myself were outside before we noticed one of the workers before looking back at Harry and nodded before we made it back over and pretended to do something before one of them managed to knock her out for a while before we managed to get her inside and lay her next to the others, “right, remember what we said. Don’t speak to anyone unless absolutely necessary. Just try and act normal. Do what everyone else is doing. If we do that, with a bit of luck we’ll get inside and then-” Hermione told us before Harry spoke up, “then it gets really tricky.” he finished, “correct.” she said and I sighed a little, “this is completely mental.” Harry said, “completely.” Hermione said, “just saying this now, this is a suicide mission.” I told them, “that and the world's mental. Come on, we’ve got a Horcrux to find.” Ron said to us, “yeah, this won’t end well so be prepared if that happens.” I told them before we drank the Polyjuice Potion and it soon took effect and we changed into the person we chose before making our way to the Ministry and we eventually got there as both Hermione and I met up with each other as we waited for Ron and Harry before we noticed Harry walk up next to us, “are those?” Harry began to ask, “Muggles, in their rightful place.” Hermione said as she struggled a little to say it before Ron came up to us before speaking, “I’ve got to tell you, I’m starting to freak out a bit.” Ron told us, “just relax and you’ll be fine.” I told him, “how long did you say this batch of Polyjuice Potion would last Hermione?” Harry asked her, “I didn’t.” she said to him, “it usually lasts an hour so if we’re done before then, we should be alright. But I think it might also depend on how big or small the batch is.” I told him, “then let's hope you’re right.” Harry said, “me too.” I said to him as I let out a shaky sigh before the four of us made it to the Elevators and as soon as we walked into one of them, someone had spoken up, “Cattermole. It’s still raining inside my office.” he said to Ron, “have you tried an umbrella?” Ron asked him and I began to worry, “you do realize I’m going downstairs, don’t you Cattermole?” he said to Ron, “Downstairs?” Ron questioned, “to integrate your wife. Now, if my Wife’s blood status was in doubt and the head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement needed a job, I think I might just make that a priority. You have one hour.” he said to Ronbefore walking away before the Elevator closed before the elevator moved, “oh my god. What am I gonna do? My wife’s all alone downstairs.” Ron said to us, “Ron, you don’t have a wife.” Harry mentioned to him, “we don’t even know who the woman is.” I told him, “oh, right. But how do I stop it from raining?” Ron said to us, “try Infeleatey Incantatem.” Hermione told him, “this is you Ron.” I told him after the door opened before we left before stopping again, “I’d say if we don’t find Umbridge within the hour, we go find Ron and come back another day. Deal.” Harry told us and I nodded at him before seeing Umbridge standing there before she looked at us, “ah, Mathelda and Margaret, Travis sent you both, did he? good.” she said to Hermione and I before walking into the elevator, “we’ll go straight down. Ablert, aren’t you getting out?” Umbridge said before Harry walked out of the Elevator leaving Hermione and I with Umbridge.

We eventually made it to where Cattermole’s wife was being interrogated as Unbridge was the one doing it and both Hermione and I sat down next to each other as it went on as Umbridge had started asking the Women questions, “Mary Elizabeth Cattermole of 27 Chizzelverst Gardens Great Tolling Eveshton.” Umbridge said to her, “yes.” Mary said, “mother to Masie, Ellie and Alfred. Wife to Reginel.” Umbridge said before they looked at something before Harry and Ron walked in, “thank you Albert. Mary Elizabeth Cattermol, a Wand was taken from you upon your arrival at the Ministry today, Mrs. Cattermole, is this that Wand?” Umbridge asked her as she showed Mary the Wand, “would you please tell the court from which Witch or Wizard you took this Wand?” Umbridge asked her, “I didn’t take it. I got it at Diagon Alley at Ollivander’s when I was 11. It chose me.” Mary told Umbridge, “you’re lying. Wands only choose Witches and you are not a Witch.” Umbridge said to her and I felt bad for her, “but I am. Tell them Reggie, tell them what I am.” Marry pleaded to Ron before Umbridge spoke up, “what on earth are you doing Albert?” she asked Harry, “get ready.” I whispered to Hermione, “you’re lying Dolores and one mustn't tell lies.” Harry told Umbridge as the Polyjuice began to wear off, “Stupefy” Harry said before Ron and I kept the others from doing anything as Hermione got the Locket and threw it to Harry and we rushed out of the room as Dementor’s chased us and we eventually made it to the Elevator, “Expecto Patronum.” Harry said, sending the Dementor’s back before the Elevator moved and once we made it back to the main floor and we just walked off casually, keeping our faces down before we noticed Ron wasn’t with us as he talked with Mary before she kissed Ron as the Polyjuice Potion wore off and she only noticed that it wasn’t her Husband when they stopped kissing before the real Reginel walked passed us, “Mary.” he said to her, “oh dear, I bet they’re going to have a talk later.” I said to Harry and Hermione before we eventually heard Harry’s and mine names, “it’s Harry Potter and Edeline Lupin” the man said before we rushed off and soon enough, we were being attacked and both Ron and I fought back before we eventually made it through the Floo Network until we made it to a forest and I soon got up before feeling something in my shoulder before seeing that it was bleeding before rushing over to Ron along with Harry, “what happened to him?” I asked her, “Harry, Harry quickly, in my bag there’s a bottle labeled Essence of Dittany.” she said to Harry, “Hermione his arm.” Harry said as he noticed, “I know just do it.” she said to Harry as he did what she said, “what happened? I thought we were going back to Grimmauld Place.” Harry said to us, “we were there, but he accidentally had hold of me and I knew once he saw where we were we couldn’t stay there so I brought us here but then Ron got splinched.” Hermione told Harry, “and besides, it would have been too risky if we went back there anyways now that they’ve seen us at the Ministry.” I told him as I winced a little, “what happened to you?” Harry asked and I sighed a little, “I think the Death Eater that was chasing us managed to get me and injured my shoulder.” I told him, “Hermione, do you have anything else in your bag?” Harry asked her, “I think so, I might have some bandages in there somewhere and some other things to help with the pain. Although her injury might need stitches.” Hermione said as she got up and walked away before she started saying something, “what are you doing?” Harry asked her, “Protective Enchantments. I don’t fancy another visit like the one we had in Shaftesbury Avenue, do you? You can get going on the Tent.” Hermione said to Harry, “Tent? Where am I supposed to find a tent?” Harry asked her, “ever thought about checking the bag she brought with her the Extension Charm on it.” I said to him, “good point.” he said before he looked at me, “are you going to be alright?” he asked and I nodded, “yes, I’ll be fine. I’ll stay with Ron.” I told him as he had started on the tent.