-𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 + 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑-

•´¯'•. . .•´¯'•

Everyone began to get up from their seats once the movie premiere ended. There was hushed shouts of excitment and chatter between seats. It seemed the team happy that their hard work was a job well done; they didn't know the impact of that one scene not being in the movie.

Of course scenes in movies get taken out all the time when the editors are putting it together, and little bits here and there might get removed if not seen needed or adding to the flow of the film, but the kiss scene was so important to both Zhongli and Childe, and for it to not be added was simply a slap to their face. A message saying that sort of romance was not needed, and almost like they were being looked down upon for not having a say in it.

How foolish of Zhongli. He had forgotten just how cold and unforgiving this industry was. Back when he was a kid and first began to act, it was because he found it enjoyable, and had been in an acting club at school with friends. When he was scouted and began to be promoted and payed to act, that's when his life slowly melted from the genuine enjoyment of acting with friends, to one of accomplishing the mission to please everyone but yourself. He got famous instantly, began to appear on magazines, model, and advertise. And yet Zhongli hadn't ever seen his friends once. He was so alone with this new path he stumbled upon, and wished more than anything to turn around and run back to the life he once knew. To see his friends; he wished to enjoy acting as he used to.

As a teenager, Zhongli almost took his life because of this unbearable loneliness.

Zhongli got up from his seat, earning Childe's attention. Don't get Childe wrong; he was fuming with anger. His kiss with his dear boyfriend was taken out of their first movie together. Of course he was angry! And he assumed Zhongli was too.

"Don't worry Mr. Zhongli! I'll talk to the editors and we can—"

"Do not do that." Zhongli interrupted, earning a puzzled look from the other. Zhongli sighed and looked at him.

"Childe.. I-"

It seemed he had something important to say if it wasn't for everyone talking far too loudly over them. Suddenly some of the actors came over to give Childe a pat on the back and high fives.

"Amazing job!" One of the guy actors who played a minor role complimented. "You were pretty awesome newbie. I hope I get to work with you again!"

And very quickly did Childe get surrounded by his fellow cast members and crew friends. It seemed everyone was impressed by this new actor they never heard of before, and now, were showering Childe in their admiration and respect. They didn't even notice how they separated him away from Zhongli and interrupted the twos conversation.

"If I try and make a complaint about the kiss.. then surely people will become more suspicious of me, and it will drag him into it.."  Zhongli thought, squeezing the box in his hand for a brief moment before he let go. His eyes softened as they tore away from the sight of Childe and the people showering him in attention. And it wasn't jealously that Zhongli felt. No. It was the sadness and loneliness that Childe deserved to fulfill his dream rather than a romance that would only tarnish them. To Zhongli, Childe's dream of becoming an actor was more important than forcing this relationship to continue to sail when society would eventually sink it down. Truth is, was Zhongli even worth another man's life and dreams? He couldn't imagine so.