-𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎-

•'¯'•. . .•'¯'•

"I love you."

CHILDE WAS totally caught off guard by that answer. Sure, this guy wasn't exactly being serious with those words he said, but having Zhongli tell him that threw him into Lala Land for a second, and he totally forgot they were just saying movie lines. He couldn't even help but the light pink hue on his cheeks, or how shocked he looked. What did you expect!? His idol was right in front of him out of nowhere! It was enough to surprise anyone.

Zhongli, however stared at the other's expression for a moment more, his dark narrowed eyes studied the other male; then he let go of Childe's waist and face. "Your acting isn't bad. Perhaps still mediocre.." he bluntly commented- though it didn't sound all much like a compliment
Especially that last bit. Either way, he took a step back which snapped the other out of the trance. Childe's acting was... mediocre!? The orange-headed male was totally blown awya by that. Nobody had ever said that to him before ! His jaw was dropped and his eyes stopped blinking. And it wasn't until Zhongli hummed and began to look him up and down that Childe kinda snapped out of it. Kinda.

Zhongli held his chin in thought as he looked over Childe curiosity. " I suppose you are the actor they brought in for the other lead role?" He asked, as if the first comment he made wasn't at all an insulting hit at Childe's pride- which it was.

Childe immediately stood up to his full height even more and sheepishly rubbed his nape. "Right! I'm Childe- Oh, wait.." something clicked. "Then, I'm guessing.. you're also in the movie..?"

Zhongli didn't seem too fazed, but nodded. "I'm casted as the protagonist."

What a coincidence. Childe tried to hide back his exctiment, but couldn't. Okay, so maybe he didn't neccesarily impress this guy with his acting, but hey, that was the last thing on Childe's mind at the moment. "That's amazing! Haha, I'm auditioning for the antagonist!" He laughed, smiling at the man.. who basically just wore the same nonchalant, stoic face.

"Guess he doesn't smile all that much.. even in person.." Childe noted mentally to himself, chewing his cheek in thought. "Oh well. I can work with that.." he thought confidently with a smile on his face, as if he had something to work with- whatever that was. But before he could say anything else, Zhongli spoke up before him.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Zhongli suddenly questioned, raising an eyebrow. He sighed, however, dismissing the question as he walked past Childe and headed for the door. "Either way, I hope it will be a pleasure to work with you." He mentioned politely, though it sounded more as if he was hoping it would be a pleasure, and wasn't certain it would. After all, it wasn't like Zhongli had the greatest sort of history with this business. Especially the people within it.

He knew that better than anybody.

.

"Mr. Childe!"

Aether ran up to the orange-headed male a few hours later. The boy seemed anxious and panicked behind his clipboard.

"How did the audition go!? Did you make it!?"

Childe laughed, patting his manager on the head, which earned him a deadpanned look from the boy and the blonde squirmed away.