-𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍-

When the star actor of your movie got hurt, or you thought they did, you would do whatever it took to get them to a hospital right away.

Well, Kaeya didn't need to hurry because as soon as Childe saw Zhongli sprawled across the floor, Childe already pushed past the makeup girls and was by Zhongli's side in a heartbeat.

"Zhongli! Are you okay?!"

When Childe saw the bruise on Zhongli's cheek is when he felt his blood turn cold. The red mark was swollening fast, too, contrasting greatly against Zhongli's pretty skin. He winced, and was probably alright besides the bruise, but that was too much for Childe, who turned to the makeup girls as if they were the culprit.

"Who did this?"

It was sharp as a hiss and cold as ice the way Childe spoke to them, and it was nothing personal, but he wasn't in the mood for games. He held Zhongli close as Kaeya called for a medic, who quickly suggested they take Zhongli to the hospital.

Childe's stomach fell.

"Is he okay!?" He asked as they torn Zhongli out of hid arms and layed him on a stretcher.

"He' ll be fine." Assured one of the medics. "But he will need stitches. Whatever hit him was hard." He turned to Kaeya who raised a hand, indicating he had a question.

"Would you say.. this attack was meant to effect Zhongli directly? He has had disturbing situations with fans, but none have ever gone as far as to harm him." Kaeya said, seeming puzzled by this. The medic could only scratch his head.

"Maybe they thought he was someone else." Was all the medic could say before they carried Zhongli away. And as Childe followed alongside, he couldn't help but think..

Maybe whoever hit Zhongli, was actually after him. After all, Zhongli was wearing Childe's coat and hat. If so..

"I'll make them pay for this.." Childe murmured under his breath.

.
.
.

"I'm fine, Childe. I promise. It's only a bruise." Zhongli assured a bit later as Childe kept doting and worryingly looking over him. "A few pain killers and some stitches, and I am as good as new." Zhongli promised him, patting Childe's head.

It was only a couple hours later and Zhongli was sitting up in his hospital bed with Childe who was sitting beside him. Though had mostly clung to Zhongli at this point. Not that the older man minded or anything. He understood Childe was worried and wanted to make him feel better.

"You got a blow to your face! It looks horrible!" Childe cried out with a big frown. "I can't believe anyone would do this.." he muttered quietly to himself, but felt Zhongli put his hand on his, and Childe looked up to see his boyfriend smiling at him.

"These things happen. I've experienced much stranger things in my career. Do not worry.." Zhongli kissed Childe's forehead. "I already feel better with you just being here with me.." His words were so reassuring and a faint pink sparkled across Childe's cheeks.

However, their moment ended when the door burst open and the two men separated. A girl burst in with tears in her eyes and immediately did she make a beeline towards Zhongli before throwing her face into his lap.