Chapter 44: Siren Kingdom [Heather]

The entrance was a maze; so full of giant rocks and boulders. They were soaked with water, as well. Did someone walked on these?

There were also lots and lots of shells and mosses.

I instinctively closed my eyes when I had contact with the sun, unlike in the forest where I can only see a glimpse of light because of the towering trees.

This water was shining. Is this also a power of a siren? I do not know. Bella was the first siren I have ever met in this entire life.

I looked around and a blade can be seen just a little above one of the rocks.

I ducked and pulled Thea down with me.

I gestured for her to shush since there were lots of noises coming from the other side.

Shit, don't tell me that there are also soldiers out here patrolling.

We can't afford to lose any more energy, especially me. My life energy, for some reason, gets consumed so fast.

I should use my physical strength, it has been amplified by the Sun's Crystal and Slayer's Blood.

Let's test out Thea's power using only my strength.

"Thea." I called to her.

"Yes, my lady." She responded.

"Can I also use those blades that came out of your flesh?" I inquired, her lips parted, eyes widening.

"Why, yes." She responded, looking away. "But , I don't recommend it since it hurts to use more than death since our bodies were not perfectly modified for these. But, if you insist in doing so, my power is quite to Equip Magic. Although, my blades are even more unbreakable when I stick to my body, that way my power can floe to it directly, making them even stronger." She advised.

"I see. Does it use life energy, as well?" I asked.

"Yes, but it-it's quite complicated. The only problem is the aftermath. The ultimate cell regeneration uses body energy, fret not, you can replenish it with food." She stammered.

"After using the blades, if the user can't handle the pain, they'll be incapacitated, even I will be, despite all those centuries of training. The first time I used it, I was asleep for three months, they just forced to awaken me because of the war. Now, I can just sleep for, at least, an hour or two before gaining strength to use it again. Of course, the blades use your life energy." She explained, thoroughly. I'm not an experiment, so I'm sure that the drawbacks would be even more painful.

So, I need both sleep and food for me to fully use it. What a handicap. I really did earn a new power, but the hindrances are so much. What's the use if I use my powers I have so many limits?! Isn't that unfair? Like, I was thrown to this world, without knowing how to live here since it was so different from Earth. Then, this!

I closed my eyes.

Deep breaths. Deep breaths, Heather.

Alright, calm down. Calm... Inner peace. Find your inner peace...

I opened my eyes and saw Thea staring at me.

"So, even the ultimate cell regeneration can't keep up with the power you have?" I consulted.

"Yes, well... Although, my regeneration can repair the broken cells, it can't repair the mental and psychological exhaustion." She confirmed. "It can repair the stomach's cells, though it cannot provide food. It can repair the body, though it cannot provide energy." She stated.