Chapter 24: Curse Plague [Heather]

"I'm sorry about him. He's a devotee of the sun and moon. The legend must've upsetting for him." I chuckled, nervously. God, he did not have to lash out like that.

The man bowed. He might've even groveled to the ground if he could. "I humbly apologize, Your Majesty. I didn't know."

"Of course, you didn't." He turned to me and his expression softens. "It doesn't matter." He brushed off. I was still going to ask something! This guy just never explains anything and changes the subject.

"We're here, now." The man said. Ben was the first one to enter the inn.

"Right. I never got to know your name." I faced the man.

"It's Rod, lady." He smiled, gently.

"Thank you for today, Rod. We earned a lot of information because of you." I extended my hand to him. He was shocked at first, but he did the same and shook hands with me.

"Let's eat for now." I told the others, both Thea and Keir nodded.

"I love human food." Keir remarked, eyeing the menu.

Darius scoffed. "We can just use magic."

"No, we have to help people by buying their products." I reminded him about their situation.

Darius walked near the table near the window, looking out the mountains.

I sat across his seat, also admiring the view of nature. "Hey. Are you okay? You seemed to be distressed earlier..."

"I hate that legend." I could hear fear in his voice, and a lot of hatred, as well. "That story is the most awful of all." He really seemed to hate it but vulnerability was visible both on his face and voice.

"I see. You know, you could talk to me about it, if you'd like." I smiled. Please don't go and go rampage just because of a legend.

"I'm fine." He said, not sparing me a glance. He seemed to be okay. I hope he doesn't encounter Rod for now. He can't hurt humans but he can most likely destroy their homes and such. And, for someone who's tribe has been massacred by humans, that is something he might just do.

"Ann! We have costumers!" Rod yelled, looking at the stairs beside the entrance.

"Wait a minute!" A woman yelled back.

"You can't make your costumers wait! They'll give a bad review!" Rod teased, laughing. We smiled at his remark.

"I'm here. Dear customers, what would you like to order?" A woman who seemed to be on her early 30's came running down wearing casual clothes with an apron around her waist.

"Give us your best meal, Miss Ann." I told her, eyeing Thea. She, then, put a pouch full of gold coins. Each gold coins is worth a million dollars. This is the least that we can do for them.

Her eyes widened as she opened the pouch. "My lady, this is too much."

"I heard from Ben that you don't have any leaders here, I hope you can get along with everyone and share." I nodded as reassurance.

"Lady! The families who lost so much from the illness would very much appreciate this! Thank you so much for your kind gesture. Really, thank you!" She kept on bowing, almost slamming her head on the hard wood table.

She snatched my hand and shook it, plenty of times. "Yes, yes. You're welcome." I smiled and retrieve back my hand as I heard Rod speak.

"Ann, you're getting distracted again." Rod stated, sighing. Again?