Chapter 43: Forest of Contradiction [Heather]

I have to save my energy. I also need to be careful, there might be wide animals in this forest.

I still don't know what this forest does aside from the fact that it is cursed.

Maybe, it doesn't do anything?

I strolled a bit more until...

"My daughter..." I froze at the sound of a woman's voice.

I turned my head, ever so slowly, to my side.

I looked at the woman with widened eyes. "You..." It's mom, back on Earth.

"You're my pride and joy, my dear." She reached for my face and I stepped back.

"Mom..." I muttered and she held out her arms to me.

Why is she here? She's... She... Di-

I gasped and collapsed to the ground.

"Yes, it is I." She said, walking towards me. I crawled away from her until I bumped against a tree.

"Is it really you?" I asked her, eyeing the familiar faces behind her.

"Yes, look your father and siblings are here, as well." She responded, pointing at the rest of the family.

I tried to compose myself and stood up, leaning against the tree for support.

I scoffed. "Hah... Am I back?" I covered my fave with my hands, looking through the spaces of my fingers.

I shook my head.

No...

No.

No!

They're supposed to be dead!

Why are they here...? Am I dead? Did I die, as well?

I can't die. I can't afford to die, yet.

"Sandy." The man's voice made me stood up from where I was.

"Dad!" I ran to him, faster than I ever did before.

"You useless child!" He pulled my hair, pinning me to the ground.

"Ah! Dad... What are you doing...?" What's happening? He's never react like this. He has never hit me, not even once.

"Keuk..." I gasped for air when he began choking me with both his hands.

"You should've just died! You monster!" He yelled.

I tried pulling off his hands away from my neck. I kicked him in he stomach, which made him loosened his grip. "I'm not a monster..." I muttered. "I'm not a monster!" I yelled this time and threw him to the other side.

He stood up with ease. "You shouldn't have been granted this life, you treacherous monster!" He said, groaning.

My dad would never say anything like that. What's happening?

Hah... No...

I didn't... I didn't do that. I was just...

"You monster. I hope you experience pain worse than death." He uttered one last time before collapsing to the bloody ground, like a pool of red.

This is not dad. He would never say anything like this to me.

He loved me more than anyone in the world.

He wouldn't. He wouldn't say those things to me.

I covered my mouth.

Ugh... I could throw up.