Chapter 38 [Heather]

I woke up in the silence that was more defeaning than a million people rallying.

I felt cold and numb.

I looked at to my side, Darius was no longer there.

I really wonder what has gone into me yesterday night. So embarrassing.

Fucking damn it.

A knock came to the door. "My lady. Are you awake?" I immediately stood up and straightener up my dress.

"Yes, I am." I opened the door, revealing Thea in her maid uniform.

She curtsied. "It's time for breakfast."

"Wait a minute." I gestured with my hand.

"You haven't changed from yesterday night?" Thea consulted, looking at me with discomfort. I am also uncomfortable in this dress, now.

"Oh, well..." I feel embarrassed, now. It's as if I was drunk. Ugh...!

Let's change the topic. "I—I'll take a shower." I stammered as I walked to the bathroom, Thea's footsteps behind me.

I let myself plunge into the lukewarm water. Thea began to massaged my hair with a really bubbly shampoo that has the scent of blooming flowers.

I had slept long but I'm still tired. My arms and legs could be compared to frangible noodles, right now.

"My lady, are you alright?" Thea asked. And, it began.

"Huh? Oh, yes. Just lost in my thoughts." I crooked a smile. "How were the villagers? I hope they didn't mind me not attending their celebration party." I asked.

"They were incredibly saddened, but they understood that you might not be feeling well." Thea informed. I also regret not attending but at the same time, I don't. I barely did anything in that fight. And, I've also been thinking. What if I never tried to solve their problems? Would the church abandoned their plans on making them a sacrifice? Did I make it worse for everyone?

"Oh, that's good..." I smiled and let my chin dive deeper in the water, rippling some bubbles.

Hah... I shouldn't mess up with their fun. I'll just settle this problem on my own. I really need to confront Bella after coming back home.

After I finished cleaning up my whole body, I asked Thea to help me dress up.

I'm now wearing a pink dress that was just a little below the knee, the sleeves were long enough to cover my wrists and there was a tiny yellow belt around my waist, showcasing my well shaped body. Well, this body isn't really mine, but I'm the one using it, so, I have the right to feel good in it.  A pink pair doll shoes fitted my feet perfectly, and a pink hairband with a pink flower attached to it.

My hair ran free. It was kind of messy from my sleep so I took advantage of it and asked Thea to curl my hair into big twirls.

I feel good in this dress. It's like I'm reliving my teenage years.

"Let's go." I urged Thea, dragging my feet along the halls and stairs.

"Good morning, everyone!" I greeted.

"Good morning, Lady Heather." Some of them said in unison.

"Good morning." Ann bowed in my presence.

A lot more people had greeted me before I was able to find a seat and order something.

"Where is Darius? I don't see him anywhere." I asked.