Chapter 30: Heather vs High Priest [Heather]

The plot has at least five to seven stages. Five for the five male leads. I have to complete each arc to gain the favor and love of the male leads in the game, that is. But, am I in that game right now? Or, has this actually became my reality? If I die here, would my whole life reset from the beginning or I'll die for real?

That's not important.

Right now, I'm in a situation of life and death.

It means...

I don't need to hold back.

"You're weaker than the ones before." I taunted.

"Hah?!" How easy. "Don't you know that I'm an annointed priest? I'm the strongest one of all!"

"Really? You look like a total weakling." I brushed him off.

"You little bitch!" He lunged his sword towards me and I teleported behind him.  But, I barrier blocked my attack. It was was as hard as a rock, my arms hurt from the recoil.

I see. This is what Darius meant by him being a mage and swordsman at the same time.

"I'm blessed by both the God of Curses and God of War for I am a High Priest. Did you really think you have a chance against me? Oh, well. If you're going to die, then I'll be the one who'll kill you!"

I can't use too much magic for now. I might lose all of my life energy. I could use Black Essence, however, I might faint in the middle of the battlefield.

How can I defeat him without sacrificing both my magic and life? If I use too much magic, my life energy will drain quickly, but if I don't my magic, and just this sword, I will lose my life.

Is Keir not back yet? How is Thea doing? Should I ask for help?

No.

I've already asked for too much. I'll finish this guy by myself.

I charged towards him and thrusts the blade through the barrier, it was the same. The recoil hurt my arms but I could at least see a few cracks.

I coated my sword with the Sun's Fire. Could this type of fire melt down his barrier? There's only one way to know.

This was supposed to be a romance genre type of game. So, how did it come to this?

He casted a flame orb towards me, I barely dodged it. It grazed my arm. It even burned the ground it hit.

That hurts, damn it. I'm losing my grip due to the fact that I'm already using too much magic. Judging by this man's physique, it's clear that he has been training with both magic and sword art whole his life.

"What no? You've gone quiet. Have you finally seen my capabilities? You'll never be able to beat me."

"I don't have to beat you. I just have to kill you."

"As if you could kill me." He casted another orb, an ice attribute this time. I teleported behind him to dodge and plunge my burning sword into the barrier, causing it to break, just a tiny bit. It was just a bit but it gave me hope that I could actually defeat him without any outside help.

I backed down to evade even more magical attacks, he seemed to rely on his magic. Is he more of a mage than a sword master? If he is, then, I just have to break that barrier and teleport fast enough to avoid each and every of his attacks.

Alright, I'll break this barrier in just a few more blows.

I thrusted my blade into the part where the barrier was cracked after avoiding all his magic attacks he casted my way.