Chapter 28: Followers of Wars and Curses [Heather]

"What should we do?" Thea asked.

Before they thought of a solution, I already found myself punching the man who was holding Ben at chokehold.

What I am doing?

"Humans these days. They cause nothing but trouble." Darius commented as he landed behind me. He had teleported with Keir.

"You. You're the last descendant of the Sun God." One of the priests asserted.

I handed Ben to Thea and ordered her, "Thea, find Ann and Rod. Make sure they're safe, and don't get hurt."

"Surrender. We got you surrounded." One of the enemies declared, circling around us.

"He's the strongest and he's not just a knight." Keir whispered, eyeing the man with a large build and sword.

"Is that one of those weapons?" I asked Keir who was beside me.

"Divine weapons. Yes, that is indeed one. A heavenly weapon, at that." So, there's more of them, now. More than twenty priests, five priests and one knight. Why do priests even have weapons to begin with? Aren't they just supposed to preach about salvation or something?

"This just got troublesome than it already was." Darius sighed. I understand his frustration. We were just supposed to cure an illness that has spread around the village. Why did we have come to fight with followers of the gods?

The knight started praying. "In the name of the God of War, I shall eradicate these sinners with your blessing of battle." Some reddish brown aura had soon covered his whole body. What? God of War? What's he got to do with all these?

And, what was that chant? Eternal void? That sounds scary and vague at the same damn time.

"I see that the God of Curses had widened his influence within the celestial realm." Darius relied the information.

"Is it that bad?" I consulted. I know nothing about this. Is celestial realm heaven or just a place for gods to play around?

"Do you think we can defeat gods, human?" Darius asked me, raising his eyebrow.

"Well, no." I responded, blankly.

"Let's bring this fight outside, we're in disadvantage due to the small space." After I said  that, I got thrown to the walls, but due to the force, my whole body was defenestrated. Ugh...

"Gah!" Fuck... It hurts. Despite the wood being low quality, it's still fresh and sturdy. The glass didn't help, either.

"You'll all die here, together with the villagers." What do they want to kill the villagers?

"Why?" I asked one of the priests, it looks like he's one of those heavenly weapon wielders.

"Why?" He broke into laughter after repeating my question. "For sacrifice, if course. Our gods would be delighted that you lowly humans would die for him!" But, Darius said that human's faith was the reason on why they exist. What's this asshole going about now?

Lunatics.

"But, it's the human's faith that they live on." I retorted.

"That's right and their life source, as well. You see, all beings must return to the cosmic, it is the law of nature. Humans were created by the gods and thus, the humans must return to them." What...? What the hell is the cosmic?

The man took the chance to attack me again. God... This is not good, I don't have a weapon. I groaned as my body hit the ground, I tried bracing the impact but it was all surprising to me.