Chapter 2: Black Dragon Trials [Heather]

I sighed. Oh, well. I would need someone to carry my luggage. "Fine, you carry my backpack." I said to him and his eyes had some glint in them, he smiled.

"Yes, thank you, milady." Why the hell are you thanking me? You're the one who won't leave me alone.

"I have some food, however, it was prepared for only myself." I said, inspecting my bag. There was a note above the food wrappings.

My lady, I saw your personal guard, Adam, downstairs. He might go with you, even without your permission. So, I have packed this food for both of you, in case he would come and travel with you.

Thea... You are such a competent person. Seriously, you are the best person in this game!

"Nevermind, we have enough food for both of us. Let's find somewhere shaded and clean." I said, handing him my bag. His sword holster slings on his belt, on his left hip.

I saw a willow tree that was covered enough space for both of us not to be overheated. The sun could cause one's skin cancer. We must be careful.

"Here. Let's eat, here." I told him. My hand landed on the thick bark of the tree. I feel like I'm Cinderella.

He responded. "As you wish." I spreaded my arms sidewards. I inhaled the fresh air and closed my eyes. This is like heaven.

Smells so nice...

Oh! Chicken. I felt a saliva dripping of my face. I immediately wiped it with the handkerchief I had earlier. I just folded it to where there was no stains of blood and sweat.

Adam stood there, in front of the food. Was he waiting for me? I mean, of course, he is. This felt weird. Even the maids in the real worlds have such rights to eat on their own accord as long as they've finished all their errands.

Anways. "Let's eat." The cutlery has been readied, Thea had also prepared a picnic blanket. She's really like a mother.

I smiled to myself. She reminded me of my real mother, who died when I was young. I caught Adam staring at me and I raised my eyebrow. Instead of answering me, he turned away. This little... Anyways, I'm tired. Let's just eat. Rice, chicken, some homema sauce and soup by Thea. Then, this tea that was contained in a bit container. Hmm... This has some incredible rose scent.

It's probably almost 1:30. I missed clocks so much and my phone, as well.

I stood up and Adam began to clean everything. He was done eaten for a while now and here I was, daydreaming. Oh, well. He was the one who won't leave me alone. Serves him right, for coming with me and treating the OG Heather badly just because he was in love with her sister. Fuck you.

He caught me glaring at him and blinked, pretending I had some dust in my eyes. I faked a coughed ad instructed him. He was already behind me when I started walking. "From now on, we'll only be traveling on foot since no carriages go through where I'm-we're going." I stipulated. Was a month enough? Could I really journey to where the Black Dragon is just for four weeks? I hope so. My life depends on this journey.

Soon, the night fell, and we were stuck here in a forest. It began to rain and Adam dragged me to a cave.

"Adam, again, you shouldn't touch a lady without her permission." He looked down, then, directly to my eyes. He remembered that I hated it when people avoid my gaze. This was the only way I could tell if they were lying or not. I've studied basic psychology, bitches.

He knelt to the ground. "I apologize once again, milady. I just didn't want you and your luggage to get wet." Oh, well.

"I forgive you this once. This shall not happen again."