Chapter 17: Sun's Crystal [Heather]

"These were all the you could manage to cut?"

"Yes."

"Oh, well. You did good for a human." I smiled at his comment, feeling proud. "I guess." My smile faltered. So stingy. Would it hurt if he compliments me at least once?

"Let's go back for now. We can continue this in another time."

Before I could even blink, he had us transported back to my room.

"My lady." It was Keir, holding a bracelet with letters as pendants, it has A,T,M, and H.

"What is that?" I inquired, inspecting it.

"This belongs to your maid, my lady." Keir answered, handing it to me. I put it in my pockets.

"What? Where's Thea?" My heart began to pound like crazy. What happened this time?

"The thing is... She got into an incident." What?! Was this my fault? I shouldn't have sent her alone...

I quickly got on my feet and run outside the attic to downstairs, where I saw Bella's maids kicking Thea, who was on the ground, trying to protect herself.

"Thea?!" My eyes widened at what I witnessed.

"Sister!" Bella exclaimed.

"Bella, what is this impudence?!" I yelled.

"My lady..." Thea whined, her whole body was filled with blood, even her white maid uniform had been stained.

"What are you doing, Bella?!"

"Sister, I should be the one asking that. I saw your sister lurking around, I presume that she was spying on me. How could you do that to your own sister...?" She said, breaking down into tears.

What does she mean...? She had also been spying on me ever since she had been brought to this household, but I have never even touched any of her maids, knowing that they were being controlled by someone else. So, how could she?!

My breathes started to hitch as I clenched my fists. Is she even human anymore?

Her smirk angered me even more. This abominable bitch!

Kill her. Kill her, now.

I took a deep breath, calming myself. Shutting down the voices.

"Sister... Do you know what you have done?" I never thought that she would go to this length.

"Yes, of course. I just disciplined your servant for you, sister. You should be grateful to me." She said, flipping a fan, hiding her face.

"It seems like you're still as ignorant as before..." She lowered the fan which showed her shocked expression. "Let me tell you what you've done." I walked towards her, helping Thea up. "I am the crown princess of this empire and right now as well, I'm being courted by the Fairy King." I brought Thea behind me, facing Bella. "Thea is like a family to me. And, just now, you've hurt her."

I whispered in her ear, "you just slandered both this empire and the fairyland. And, you should thank that I have a dignity, unlike you, because I should have slammed your irritable face in the trash where you belong." She trembled, scoffing.

"Hah! You think you scare me?! I am a Mordecai." She retorted, her maids glaring at me. Glare all you want, you won't be able to do that once I've carried out my revenge.

"And, so I am. You better get your act together, Bella." I warned, squeezing her arm. If only I could take your arm, I would feel a lot better.

"Before I do, teach your maid first, Heather." This girl doesn't have an ounce of conscience in her. Control yourself, Heather. It's too early to attack her. I should wait a little more. I need support from my fellow nobles, that way, I could attack her and no one would get in my way. I just have to wait. Just a little bit more.