Chapter 14 [Heather]

Darius and I arrived at the Cave–in Restaurant. It was as beautiful as I thought it would be. There was a waterfall that flowed as we entered the cave, but, we didn't get wet since there was magic that served as a block. Inside was a such a beautiful scenery. It was a lot bigger on the inside. There were lots of customers, too.

"Welcome to Cave–in! We have a sale today, if you can finish our all–you–can–eat dishes, you may will a grand prize! What can we do for you today, our dear customers?" A clerk greeted us with a huge grin on his face.

I looked at Darius, challenging him and he just smirked. He knew exactly what I was thinking. "We'll do the challenge."

"Great. If you do finish the meal, you don't have to pay for anything, and as I said earlier, there would be a grand prize, as well."

"Isn't that convenient?" I asked, looking at the pile of flyers in his hand.

"It is indeed, my lady. Today is the restaurant's ten year anniversary, after all." He gave me a flyer.

"I see. That's amazing. Congratulations!" I reached for his hand, shaking it.

The clerk laughed as he took back his hand. "That's the first time I heard someone congratulate us. Thank you so much." He bowed.

I nudged Darius' side. "Alright, demigod. Whoever loses shall grant one wish for the winner. What do you say?"

"I'll out you in your place, human." He said with a smug face. I already told him to stop calling me human.

I scoffed. "Don't be too arrogant just because you were born as a demigod." His face scrunched as he heard my last retort. There were different ways on how to become a demigod, some of these is being born as one, or if one had done an incredible act of goodness, they'll be rewarded with power. I had heard that there were war heroes and priests and priestess who had gone through this.

"I see. I won't let you get away with that." He cracked his knuckles.

"Neither do I." I stretched my arms.

We both sat on the table we were escorted at.

"Here's your food, sir, ma'am." The waiter said, gently setting down dishes.

We dug in the moment the plates reached out table. There were different dishes and lots of rice. There were 25 plates with varieties of food on them.

We ate as if we hadn't eaten in a year, and aside from that, these food were delicious, as delicious as dad's homemade food. I'll never get tired even if I'll have to eat these everyday.

Soon enough, people began to gather around us, putting bets on who would win between me and Darius.

A few more minutes, I had already finished 15 plates, and so did he.

Every bite is like heaven. I can really tell that the cook had poured his heart into making them.

I took a bite.

And, another one.

And, again.

Again and again.

Until I was on my last plate. In the last bit of the food, I dropped my spoon and fork.

I turned to the crowns, "who won?"

"I'll announce!" It was the clerk from before.

I saw him looked at my attire. Oh, right. Households can be determined through the dresses and amulets, and other more stuff. "And the winner was... The Lady from Mordecai Household!"