4 | Bite

BEN'S POV

"Need help?" I asked, knowing she does.

"No, I got it." she replied trying to stand.

"Stubborn ass." I mumbled helping her up. At first I put her arm around my shoulder so I could hold her up. But I ended up holding her bridal style to make it easier in the both of us.

"I have a SUV waiting for us over there." Elijah said as he put his phone away.

"Thank God." I heard Luci say. Her breath fanning over my neck. Making my skin tingle. We made it over there safely and we all got in the SUV.

"Hope you don't mind staying in a hotel for the night." Elijah said to Luci.

"I don't mind." she replied.

"Have you ever stayed in a hotel before?" I asked her.

"No.. To be honest, this is probably the longest I've been away from my dad." she replied.

I looked away from her at Elijah.

He was too busy worrying about Lilah. Brushing her hair away from her face.

..Last time I saw them like that she was almost dead.

The ride was silent. As soon as we got to the hotel, it was secluded.. Most likely owned by Elijah, we made our way inside.

Luci holding my dress shirt tightly.

As soon as we entered the hotel we went over to the front desk. They already had keys for us.

Top floor.

I didn't expect anything less.

We went to the top floor and went to the assigned rooms. We weren't in the suite, which I found odd, but I didn't mind.

Luci will be screaming in a bit.

Not like that.

I placed her on the bed before going to the bathroom. I got what I could find, and luckily I found some tweezers.

I wet a rag and tore a straight piece of cloth off my suit jacket.

"Here." I handed her a dry rag.

"What's this for?" she asked me.

"To bite down on, so I can get the bullet out of your leg." I replied.

She nodded.

I tied the piece of my suit jacket above the wound tightly. Making her wince a bit.

"Bite down on it." I told her again, because she hasn't yet. "Will it hurt that bad?.. I mean I barely made a sound when it- SHIT." she yelled.

I started to take it out because she was being stubborn.

Her hands found their way into my hair and I couldn't concentrate.

"Okay you gotta stop that." I told her, taking her hands out my hair myself.

"Sorry.." She apologized.