2 | It's a pleasure

LUCI'S POV

"Holy shit he's pulling up, he's pulling up." Mindy says faster than I can process what she's saying.

"Language. And I should be more excited than you." I say lightly shoving her.

We both peek out of the window in the living room. It gives a perfect view of the front garden, which is also the front of our house.

We watch as a car parks and the back door is opened by our chauffeur Daniel.

Out steps a handsome.. And really tall Ben.

At least I think that's Ben.

I haven't really looked at the picture my father gave me since it was stolen.

Right in front of my face at that.

He starts making his way up our lengthy steps, and I grow more excited by the second.

"Is he here yet you little creepers?" My father asks us both.

"Coming up the steps right now." Mindy replies, keeping her eyes on the supposed Ben.

The front door opens and a bunch of men come swarming in.

All of which being my dad's.

"You two go find something to do." He waves us off.

"Why is something wrong?" Mindy asked raising an eyebrow.

"Mindy."

"Come on rabbit." I say pulling her along with me.

I've learned to just listen to what my father has to say sometimes.

He always has a look on his face that tells me when something is about to get boring.

And I hate boring.

BEN'S POV

"Take a seat anywhere." Spade tells me and I take the seat directly in front of his desk.

"Thanks for coming on such short notice. I hope that along side being Luci's body guard you have fun doing it." he starts off.

"What about sacrificing my life for someone I barely know, sounds fun to you?.." I ask genuinely curious.

"Luci.. She's a bit of an odd ball. She rarely takes no for an answer, and she'll definitely be the most lively person you ever meet. So, try not to be too uptight with her.. She'll break down all your walls even if it takes awhile."

"With all due respect.. I do only plan on being here for 6 months." I remind him.

"Yet if things don't go the way they're supposed to it might be longer." he replies, his jaw visibly clenching.

I nod in understanding.

Anything for Elijah.

I just hope that this shit will go by fast like Lilah said.

I already hate being here.

"Would you like to meet her now, or when you get fully settled in?" he gives me an ultimatum.

"Now is fine." I reply.

We leave his office and head down a series of hallways. I make sure to memorize where the fuck we're going.

"My daughter is just through these doors." he shows me into the dining room.

I look around the table and my eyes land on a red haired girl. She definitely sticks out from everyone else at the table..