Power Suits and Punny Quips

Depuis le début

"No, if we do that, then this place is going to blow up even more than it has, and it'll lose the feel it has," I replied, thinking of the last house we saw a few days before.

"You're thinking of the last house we looked at, aren't you?" JJ asked as I rifled through the racks.

"It was perfect!" I exclaimed, looking at him with puppy dog eyes.

"Then let's pull the trigger on it. I loved it too, babe!" JJ smiled as I walked towards the changing rooms.

"Are you sure? It's a big commitment to buy a house together," I replied before shutting the door.

"I'm pretty sure us getting married is the biggest commitment," JJ chuckled with an unmistakable smile in his voice.

"True," I replied, walking out in the pencil skirt and dress shirt.

"It looks good, but if you want to show power, then go the suit you pulled with this top," a young woman replied, handing me a silk blouse.

"Thanks?" I replied skeptically.

"Sorry! My name's Nicole! I work here!" She exclaimed with a flush to her cheeks.

"Thank you," I laughed, walking back into the changing room.

A few minutes later, I walked back out in the suit. My pant legs dragged on the floor because I wasn't wearing heels, and my hair was all over the place. I turned and looked in the mirror and what I expected to see was not the same as the woman that stood in the mirror. I looked healthy, confident, and assertive.

"Here, try these" Nicole smiled at me, handing me black pumps

I slipped them on my feet and turned towards JJ. The look on his face said it all. The outfit and shoes were the ones.

"Wrap it up!" I exclaimed with a giggle.

"Alright!" Nicole laughed and walked to the cash register to wait for me and JJ.

After changing back into my street clothes, I walked out with the suit, blouse, and pumps. I pulled out my credit card to pay, but JJ beat me to it like always. I shook my head as I chuckled.

"Bye!" Nicole called as we walked out of the store.

"Thank you!" I called back.

We walked across the street to the truck and put my clothes in the back seat. We walked around town for a while and then went home.

 We walked around town for a while and then went home