Chapter 20

This chapter will involve a few ideas inspired from the MCU movie Eternals. Just putting that out there now.

"Mar Novu, I was wondering if you'd ever show your face again." Alex said and Novu chuckled.

"Relax Ms. Danvers, I heard you're in need of my services." Novu said and Alex sighed.

"My sister is currently stuck in the Phantom Zone and since you freed Malefic, I thought you could do the same for her." Alex said, expecting to have to make some kind of deal with him.

To her surprise, Novu just smiled.

"All you had to do was ask." Novu said.

"Wait, what? That doesn't match up with any of the stories I've heard about you." Alex said and Novu chuckled.

"The reason why I am doing that is because I owe Kara Zor-El a debt for helping to rebirth the universe. I owe each of the paragons and the Spectre for aiding to repair my mistake." Novu said, reminding Alex that Novu had been the one to create the Anti Monitor.

"You may have created the Anti Monitor, but at least you tried to make amends for that and imprisoned him. You're not the one who released him. Speaking of which, whatever happened to the bastard who released him?" Alex asked.

"That is something even I do not know. The last time I saw Pariah was right before I died. I am sure that if he is meant to return, he will." Novu said.

"For his sake, I hope not, because then he'd have to answer for his crime." Alex said.

"Anyways, I did not bring you here simply to be informed of your sister's fate. I brought you here because it is clear that I was not proactive enough in preventing the destruction of the multiverse. Perhaps if I had spent more time preparing Earths instead of testing them, the multiverse could've survived. I intend to correct that mistake in this universe." Novu said.

"What do you mean?" Alex asked.

"New threats are coming Ms. Danvers. I cannot foresee what they are, but since I am sure none of you want to risk the enemy winning like he did before. Especially since there is a chance you might not get a do over this time." Novu said.

"What are you talking about?" Alex asked.

"This time, I am taking a more proactive stance in the defense of the universe. And that begins by allowing you to become much more than you already are." Novu said.

"Wait, what?" Alex asked.

"Your whole life, you have desired to be like your sister. Someone extraordinary, with abilities no one else had. I am now offering you the opportunity to embrace that desire." Novu said.

"Wait, are you talking about superpowers?" Alex asked, since she couldn't deny that Novu was telling the truth about her desire for powers. Ever since Kara had come to their family, she'd had a desire for powers of her own, something to make her stand out against her superpowered sister and while she no longer held any resentment towards Kara about that, that didn't change the fact that deep down, she still wanted powers and now it sounded like Novu was offering them to her. But she stopped herself from accepting right away, since she remembered that nothing came free with the Monitor.

"And what do you get in exchange? Cuz I'm not making a deal with you like Oliver did. I'm not giving up my life." Alex said.

"And I'm not asking you to. The only thing I require in exchange is something you will have no issues giving. Your assurance that should the darkness return, you will stand with Earth's heroes to repel it." Novu said.

"That goes without saying. But why something so minor?" Alex asked.

"Because when I made that deal with Oliver Queen, the reason it required such a big sacrifice is because of what he was asking for in return. However, giving you powers is not us making a deal, it is simply me doing the same thing for you that I once did for Cisco Ramon. Giving you abilities to help you better fulfill your role in the coming battles. As the Sentinel." Novu said.

"Sentinel, I like it." Alex said with a grin and Novu chuckled.

"I'm glad you approve, since you will find it is appropriate for the power I have in mind for you." Novu said as he waved his hand and Alex felt energy enter her body and her hands began to glow.

"What can I do?" Alex asked and Novu chuckled.

"Imagine yourself holding a spear." Novu said.

"Wait, what?" Alex asked.

"Just do it." Novu said and Alex was still confused, but decided to do it anyway as she pictured herself holding a spear and suddenly, she felt something materialize in her hands and she looked down to see a spear made of pure energy in her hand.

"Whoa, this is incredible." Alex said as she looked down at the glowing spear in her hand.

"Yes it is. I have infused you with a small portion of cosmic energy. Barely a tiny fraction of the power I possess, but that is because the human body can only handle so much. That is why Oliver Queen could not become the Spectre until after he died." Novu explained.

"Okay, but." Alex said.

"Anyways, while you do not possess a large amount of cosmic energy, the amount I have given you is enough for you to be able to manipulate into the form of any weapon or defense you need." Novu said.

"That will definitely come in handy. And you're going to release Kara from the Phantom Zone?" Alex asked.

"Yes and not only her, since J'onn J'onzz needs his reward as well." Novu said.

"Malefic." Alex said and Novu nodded.

"The son of Mars will have a key role to play in the conflict of his people. He must return to make amends with his brother once more before he can return home." Novu said.

"And this time he can also make amends with his father." Alex said, since it sounded like M'yrnn was still alive in this reality, since he still had a few more years left. And now he could have those years with both of his sons.

"Yes." Novu said as he waved his hand and returned her to the DEO.