Chapter 10

"Why can't I go with you?' Esme asked Kara the following day for about the 10th time as she watched her mother get ready for the plans she had with the Lena Luthor lady she'd met last night.

Kara rolled her eyes at her daughter, since honestly, she'd been expecting this.

"Esme, I told you, this is a grownup dinner, which means grownups only. Besides, Aunt Alex and Aunt Kelly are coming over to stay with you." Kara said.

"But I just saw Aunt Alex all day." Esme whined, since Alex had been watching her while Kara was at work today, since Esme's usual babysitter was on vacation and she was still excused from school due to the accident.

"I know baby, but you didn't see Aunt Kelly and besides, maybe now you can take the opportunity to ask your aunt Alex when she's going to marry Aunt Kelly, since they've been together for nearly 8 years." Kara said, since she could still remember the day Alex brought Kelly home, since it had been the day she'd come home from her first tour of duty, since another change in this reality was that after college, instead of joining the DEO, Alex had joined the military, likely because after growing up with Kara, she wanted to understand the rush of protecting people herself and while she'd been deployed over in Iraq, she'd met Kelly, who had been Alex's commanding officer. Kara was pretty sure J'onn had recruited Alex out of the army, which was an upgrade over how he'd recruited her the first time around. But anyways, Alex and Kelly had been together ever since and about two years ago they'd moved in together. Honestly, Kara was wondering what her sister was waiting for, since honestly, she was pretty sure Kelly was getting impatient with her too.

"Okay." Esme said, brightening up immediately and Kara rolled her eyes as she finished applying her makeup.

"So, how do I look?" Kara asked.

"You look so pretty." Esme said.

"I agree. This is why I've always told you to always go with the blue. It's the color you look best in." Alex said as she joined them.

"Remind me again why I gave you a key?" Kara asked her sister.

"Cute. Hey kiddo, Kelly's waiting in the living room. Why don't you go see if you can sneak up on her while I talk to your mom." Alex said as she hugged her niece, who instantly nodded before rushing out of Kara's bedroom.

"Thank you for that and for not giving me a hard time about this." Kara said.

"Trust me, if this you were dating another guy, I would be, but I know you're still new to this whole thing, so I'm trying to be gentle. But that does not mean that I won't be threatening Lena with my gun if she hurts you. Again." Alex said and Kara rolled her eyes.

"Anyways, you really think I look nice." Kara asked as Alex took in the sight of her sister wearing a knee length, strapless, dark blue dress that definitely hugged Kara's body in all the right places and showed off her curves.

"I think you are going to make it very hard for Lena to bring you home with that dress still in one piece." Alex said with a laugh and Kara smacked her shoulder.

"Could you say that any louder for Esme to hear? You know she still accesses my super hearing accidentally sometimes right?" Kara asked and Alex calmed down.

"Right, sorry. But my point is Kara, you look gorgeous. Even though you are still wearing your glasses." Alex said, since Kara was still wearing her glasses, even though she had let her hair down from it's usual ponytail, falling down her shoulders in it's beautiful blonde locks.

"You know why I wear them. With my hair down and my glasses off, people might put the pieces together." Kara said.

"I know, but still, you look better with them off." Alex said.