Chapter 14

Did anyone else hear the rumor that Kara will finally appear in the season 2 finale of Superman and Lois? It's on both Facebook and Instagram.

When Kara exited the elevator at Catco the following morning when she arrived at work, she was smiling as she saw the text from Nia saying that she'd called Cat and was taking a personal day to help Brainy move into her apartment, since until now, Nia had been living alone, though honestly, Kara was pretty sure that helping Brainy move was actually the last thing they'd be doing, though she chose not to think about that as she entered the office and was heading towards her desk when she heard a familiar voice that made her smile as they said her name wrong.

"Kiera, my office now." Cat Grant said and Kara had to resist the urge to smile at the thought of finally working for Cat again, since honestly, working under Andrea had been a nightmare since it was clear that while that woman had many strengths, running a media empire was not one of them, especially since she'd basically turned Catco into a way to promote herself for free and while Lena hadn't been too bad, Kara was pretty sure that if that were the case now, they might be accused of favoritism. Regardless, Kara headed towards Cat's office.

"Can I help you Ms. Grant?" Kara asked.

"Relax, I just wanted to commend you on your interview with Supergirl. I have to admit, this is almost as good as something I'd write myself." Cat said.

"Well, no one could ever be as talented as you are." Kara said and that was not flattery, it was the truth.

"Of course, but what really impresses me is how you actually managed to make it look like you had a real conversation with Supergirl, which must have been a challenge considering the fact that you were just answering your own questions." Cat said with a smirk.

"I'm sorry?" Kara asked, wondering if she'd need to call J'onn in.

"Oh please Kiera, did you really think I wouldn't figure out that you're Supergirl?" Cat asked her.

"What are you talking about?" Kara asked as she wondered how Cat had figured it out so quickly.

"Well for starters, the details you provided in your article were very specific, details that you couldn't have known unless you were there, plus there's the fact that Supergirl happens to appear right when your daughter's life is in danger and I have to admit, remove those glasses and you look very similar to her." Cat said.

"Just coincidences." Kara said vainly and Cat chuckled.

"You might be able to fool the rest of the world, but you can't fool me. Especially since I did my homework on you the minute I hired you years ago. And imagine my surprise when my investigators found that there was no record of you to be found anywhere in any database on the planet before you turned 13. It's as if you popped up out of nowhere. And then there were a lot of interesting developments going on in your supposed hometown Midvale shortly after you did show up. Now on their own, these things could just be random, but if a certain person with the right skills was able to piece them together, well, they get their answer. The reason why you didn't exist on this planet before you were 13 is because you actually didn't exist since you hadn't arrived yet. I've known you were an alien from the beginning, but it wasn't until Supergirl showed up that I finally put all the pieces together. You're a kryptonian and you're Superman's cousin. Just stop me if I'm wrong." Cat said with a smirk and Kara sighed, since she knew the jig was up.

"Okay, you got me. But why didn't you release the story and broadcast my identity to the world?" Kara asked her.

"Why would I do that? That's bad for business. After all, Supergirl brings a lot of eyeballs to Catco and if we reveal your identity, well, you disappear and people get hurt and Catco gets blamed for scaring off Supergirl. Not the image I want." Cat said and Kara was relieved.