Chapter 11

"So, how upset was Esme when you told her that you were dating someone?" Lena asked Kara when they met up for lunch during both of their lunch breaks a few days after their dates.

"Well, she didn't understand it at first, but once I explained things to her, I don't think she was very happy about it." Kara said and Lena chuckled.

"Let me guess, she wasn't happy when she found out she had to share you with me." Lena said and Kara nodded.

"Which is why we're waiting until after she likes you again on her own before you're allowed to use your money to spoil her silly." Kara said and Lena smiled.

"Deal. But moving onto another topic, when are we going to tell the others about us?" Lena asked and Kara chuckled.

"Please, you really think Alex didn't already tell them? Honestly, based on what Kelly told me, it sounds like she sent out a group text to J'onn and Nia about it as soon as I called her to watch Esme and I'm still planning on taking whatever money she made from the bets I know she had from her." Kara said and Lena chuckled.

"That sounds about right." Lena said.

"Anyways, this weekend we're going to check out that old DEO base J'onn told us about to see if it'll provide an ideal base of operations for us to operate out of." Kara said.

"I look forward to it, but I also know that look on your face. What's up?" Lena asked her.

"Just remembering what happened the first time Myriad hit." Kara said.

"What about it?" Lena asked, wondering why Kara would bring that up.

"I was just remembering how Maxwell Lord was able to develop technology that could protect people from Myriad's control. Only reason I was able to release the population from it is because he'd managed to protect himself, so he could put his genius to use." Kara said.

"What kind of tech did he develop?" Lena asked.

"He called it an ion blocker. From what I remember, he used the technology to scramble Myriad's signal before it reached his brain." Kara said.

"That's brilliant." Lena admitted.

"Yeah and I was thinking that considering you probably know more about Myriad than anyone else besides it's creators. I'm betting you can find a way to shield us from it. I mean, J'onn and I have a natural immunity to it being aliens, or at least since I'm a kryptonian and he's a telepath, but everyone else, you, Kelly, Alex are vulnerable and I'm not sure if Esme's alien physiology will be able to protect her and Nia's only half alien, which means there's no guarantee she'll be immune to it either. Especially since I know Myriad affected Clark." Kara said.

"I remember hearing reports that Superman had fallen under Myriad's control, but I never learned how. Especially since it didn't affect you or any other Kryptonians." Lena said.

"Lord's theory was that it was because unlike me, Clark spent his whole life on earth, growing up as a human. Nature vs. Nurture." Kara said.

"That actually does make sense. Being exposed to earth his entire life, growing up around humans, it stands to reason that it made his mind more human and as such more susceptible to Myriad's control. I'd need more data on it, but with proper facilities, I should be able to rig something up." Lena said.

"I'll see if I can get the AI up at the Fortress to give me all the information available on Myriad." Kara said.

"And you'd trust me with it. I mean, I know we're together now, but still." Lena said and Kara smiled.

"Lena, if I didn't trust you, I never would've given you a chance to go out with me." Kara said.

"I know, but this is different, since it is a line that I've crossed before." Lena said.