Chapter 8

That night was game night for the Superfriends and Kara was very excited, since in addition to herself, Esme, Alex, Kelly and Nia, they'd also be welcoming J'onn and Lena to game night as well and Kara was hoping that Lena will have completed that signal watch for Esme, since honestly, she wanted her daughter to have it as soon as possible. How she loved being able to say or think about her daughter. Which reminded her, she needed to find Argo City so she could tell her mom that she was a grandmother, since she knew Alura would be overjoyed about that, since the last time Kara had visited her on Argo, her mother had not so subtly implied that she wanted grandkids and now Kara could finally provide her with that.

Anyways, speaking of Esme, Kara was very happy that she'd taken her nap earlier today, since Esme always insisted on being a part of game night and when she was tired, she was cranky and no fun to be around and sometimes her Dyralian powers would kick in, something that would be even more problematic since in addition to her own Kryptonian powers and Nia's naltorian powers, since Kara had told Nia to tell Esme that she was half alien, they'd also now have to add J'onn's martian powers to the list, since while she'd been teaching Esme to control her powers whenever she accidentally tapped in to her mother's, it would be harder with Nia and J'onn. Though hopefully that would not become an issue quite yet.

"Esme, are you going to help me?" Kara called out to her daughter, who she could hear playing in her room.

"Coming mommy." Esme said as she walked out of her room and Kara chuckled as she saw that Esme was all dressed up like she was having a tea party.

"Were you having a tea party and didn't invite me?" Kara asked in fake anger.

"Sorry mommy, but you looked so busy." Esme said and Kara laughed as she picked Esme up.

"It's fine sweetie. You're allowed to play on your own. But I think that maybe you should ask before you take my jewelry, since I don't remember saying it was okay for you to play with my necklace." Kara said, raising an eyebrow at Esme, since the little girl was wearing her diamond necklace.

"Sorry mommy." Esme said as she looked at her mother guiltily.

"I know but Esme, what are the rules when you want to borrow mommy's things for your games?" Kara asked.

"Always ask first, don't get upset if you say no and don't take it if you do say no." Esme said.

"That's right. So, since you broke that rule, that means 15 minutes in timeout and no complaints or you have to stay in your room during game night." Kara said as she saw Esme pout, but managed to keep her resolve.

"Fine." Esme said as she took off the necklace, handed it to her mother and then walked into her room, right as there was a knock on the door.

"Early as always." Kara said under her breath as she went to answer the door to find Alex and Kelly waiting on the other side.

"Hey." Kara said as she hugged them both.

"Hello, where's my niece?" Alex asked, walking past her sister with barely a greeting, causing Kara to roll her eyes.

"She's in timeout for another 14 minutes and you are not springing her early." Kara said, making it clear that was not up for debate as she showed Kelly in.

"Uh oh, what did she do?" Kelly asked.

"Just the usual little kid stuff, taking my jewelry without asking, As much as I didn't want to punish her." Kara said.

"If you don't, she'll never learn." Kelly said and Kara nodded.

"Wow, look at you, only a day into this mother thing and you're already a pro." Alex said.

"Yeah, but anyways, wanna help me finish getting ready for game night, especially since we have J'onn and Lena joining us." Kara said and they nodded.

"Yeah sure." Alex said.

"So, have you talked to mom about becoming Supergirl yet?" Alex asked.

"No, not yet. But don't worry, I will not let her blame you for my choice. If anything, it's kind of her fault I never became Supergirl sooner, since she and Jeremiah always told me that the world didn't need me to be Supergirl, though you did too at first." Kara said and Alex rolled her eyes.

"I did, but then I realized I was being a hypocrite since I am a DEO agent." Alex said.

"Anyways, I will deal with her and make it clear that it's not her choice and it's not yours it's mine and there's nothing she can do about it." Kara said, since honestly, this was resentment she'd been holding onto in both universes, since she'd always held a bit of resentment towards both Jeremiah and Eliza for denying her of her true purpose, while the Kents had always encouraged Clark to embrace his.

"Okay, sounds like you and mom need to have a conversation soon." Alex said.

"Maybe." Kara admitted as they resumed getting everything set up for game night.

"Auntie Nia." Esme said happily when Nia arrived, since by the time that happened, she'd finished her time out and was all smiles, since she may have taken a little extra nap while she was in time out to make sure she was fully awake for all the games, since she was determined to stay up past her bedtime with all the adults for once, though she kept falling asleep before any of their guests left. But maybe tonight would be the night.

"Hey kiddo." Nia said with a grin as she picked Esme up and spun her around, causing the little girl to squeal with joy.

"Careful Nia." Kara said.

"Relax Kara, I know what I'm doing." Nia said.

"Can we start now?" Esme asked her mother, since as far as she knew, everyone was here.

"Not yet honey, we have a few new friends joining us tonight." Kara said, right as there was a knock on the door and Kara smiled as she went to open it to find Lena on the other side.

"Hope my invitation is still good." Lena said and Kara smiled.

"Of course it is. Come on in." Kara said as showed her in.

"And you must be Esme." Lena said as she looked down at the little girl, who was now hiding behind her mother's leg.

"Who are you?" Esme asked, though Kara could tell that she wasn't being rude about it and it was a fair question.

"Esme, this is my friend Lena Luthor. She just moved to National City and I think she might have brought you a present." Kara said and Lena nodded with a smile as she reached into her purse and pulled out a small watch from it and Esme immediately perked up and walked over to the new lady with the present.

"I thought you said I shouldn't take things from strangers." Esme asked her mother.

"You're right Esme, you shouldn't, but Lena's no stranger, in fact, she's going to be around a lot." Kara promised and Lena smiled, since she liked the way that sounded.

"Do you want to see your present?" Lena asked and Esme nodded as Lena showed her the watch.

"What is it?" Esme asked.

"This is a signal watch, Esme. I designed it so you can call your mommy if you ever need Supergirl's help." Lena said.

"You know mommy is Supergirl?" Esme asked and Lena nodded.

"So do Aunt Alex, Aunt Kelly and Aunt Nia." Kara assured her.

"Anyways, you press this button here and the watch screen pops up like this." Lena said as she showed Esme how it worked.

"Cool." Esme said.

"But Esme, it's not a toy. You can't use it anytime you want me to show up and you can't show people that part of the watch. It's a secret." Kara said and Esme nodded.

"I designed the watch so that it would monitor Esme's vitals when she presses the button to determine if it's actually a situation that requires the signal being sent. I also threw a few games on there, to only be played outside of school hours." Lena said.

"I love it." Esme said with a grin as Kara helped her put the watch on.

"Come on in and make yourself comfortable. We'll get started soon." Kara said and Lena nodded in agreement.