Chapter 3

As Supergirl flew through National City she could feel her heart pounding in her chest as she used Esme's cries for help to track her until she finally did and her heart nearly stopped at the sight. The bus Esme's class was taking to the aquarium was dangling off the National City bridge and it looked like it might fall any second.

"Don't worry Esme. Mommy's coming." Supergirl whispered as she flew towards the bus, literally right as it fell over, but she quickly managed to grab it in time to save the bus as she heard the kids, including her own, scream in terror as she lifted it back onto the side of the road as several bystanders took pictures and video of the debut of Supergirl.

After putting the bus on the ground, Supergirl watched as the teacher in charge, Esme's teacher in fact, Ms. Hopper was the first one off.

"Thank you so much for saving us." Ms. Hopper said.

"Are all the children okay?" Supergirl asked and Mrs. Hopper nodded.

"Thanks to you. Who are you?" She asked.

"Call me Supergirl and I think I'm going to take this bus back to whatever school it came from. Which one was it?" Supergirl asked and Mrs. Hopper nodded.

"Higgins Elementary. I'm going to start calling parents and letting them know that the trip is being rescheduled and that the kids are going to be released from school early." Mrs. Hopper said and Supergirl nodded as she smiled at the kids, particularly Esme, but it appeared that her little girl was smart enough to not tell all the other kindergarteners that her mom was Supergirl. Something that she was definitely going to be talking to her about, just to be sure she knew, but that's besides the point.

After dropping the school bus off, Kara flew back to Luthor Corp, to find Lena waiting.

"Is everything okay?" Lena asked as Kara retracted her suit back into her watch.

"Yeah, thanks again for the suit, it would've been a lot harder for me to keep my identity secret than it was the first time I revealed my identity since this time, it was in broad daylight on a crowded overpass." Kara said and Lena smiled.

"Don't mention it, though I'm surprised that you came back here. I thought you'd be picking Esme up from school." Lena said.

"I have to at least act like the accident is news to me. If I show up right after the kids get off the bus, it looks suspicious. I have to wait until I get the phone call saying that there was an accident and that Esme, like the rest of her class, is being dismissed early. Besides, I left my car here, so I needed to pick it up to go get Esme, but since we have a little time, might as well make it look like I started to interview you before I got the call." Kara said.

"Right, how do you think Cat will react to finding out that you ditched your interview early?" Lena asked.

"I'm sure once I have a chance to explain why, she'll calm down, since, while she'll never admit it, she does have a bit of a soft spot for kids." Kara said.

"I'm assuming that doesn't leave this room." Lena said.

"Correct." Kara confirmed.

"Okay well, let's get this interview started." Lena said and Kara nodded as they sat down and started the interview until she inevitably got the phone call from Ms. Hopper.

"I'm so sorry, I have to take this." Kara said as she paused her recorder.

"Hello." Kara asked.

"Ms. Danvers, I'm not sure if you're aware, but there was an incident on the way to the aquarium today and as a result, the trip is being rescheduled for next week and all students involved, including Esme, have been dismissed for the day, so I know it's a bit of an inconvenience, but is there any chance you could come and get her?" Ms. Hopper asked.