Chapter 14

They played in the water like this a little bit longer. But not too long because after that they take the travel again looking for a hiding place to take a break and change their bandage and equipment.

That is the place he leaves the girl for just an hour alone to look for a boat to leave Xuanwu. That is the moment that Blue Phoenix probably takes to talk to the girl behind his back and tells his words of the devil that create fear in the girl's heart.

He probably tells her that in truth he was a demon and that he will always need to kill. That going on the beach and being nice will not last long, that playing the normal human and doing a normal job like a barber was impossible for him forever and that the fact that Seven will kill her was ineluctable.

Yes, he remembers the looks of the girl when he came back to her with localization for the boat. She was...scared. At this time he was thinking she was scared of the danger, but no, actually she was scared of him.

He now understands why she asked him strange questions that he answered back then really badly. He just didn't take into account that actually the girl could be scared of him.

7 "they didn't lose time. They put a bounty on my head we should go before the entire killer league gather to try to stop me. I find a boat that will lead us far from Xuanwu in the next village, but it will arrive only in the evening. You can take a nape we have a bit of time."

Bai "S..seven... I...."

7 "what?"

Bai "no... it's stupid..."

7 "Well tell anyway."

Bai "Well a shadow killer... that what you are, right? You even are the... best... killer ... right?... t...that what the dudes of the forest... you ...killed... told me..."

7 really wasn't expecting the girl to talk about this, he looks aside "...yes, I was. The chief puts a high bounty on my head, he wants me dead now. My life as a killer is over."

Bai "But so you didn't want to go back to this life... right?"

7 "...I didn't think of it... it's not like I can anyway..."

Bai "... But then what will you do if you're not a killer?"

7 "...I don't know... we will see... There is a lot of other stuff I could do I guess... But until then I should not stop fighting... if someone or something gets in my way then... I will kill them. There is no other killer that can stop me. Until I keep an eye on you, you will be safe."

Bai "k...kill... are you sure that's what you want?"

7 *She looks worried...* "Is not about what I want, I must do it, so we can survive. This is okay Bai, you didn't have to worry about me, I can do it. I did that all my life... that even the only stuff I was good for before we meet... if I have to kill them all then I will... none of them will stop us, you can sleep well, you are not in danger with me."

Bai "..."

7 *She does still look worried, maybe even more, what's going on?*

Bai "Seven... Orochi... Why did he call you... a demon?"

7 makes a surprised angry and annoyed face. He really wasn't expecting the girl to talk about this. He doesn't want to talk about it, he hates that. That is the sensitive point he hates about himself the most. He turns to not look at the girl, he really wasn't ready to talk about it.

7 "That's not important..." *it's because I am a demon...*

Bai "I want to understand..."

7 "... I don't want to talk about it." *It's because I'm a demon and whatever, I'm with you or not that will never change my true nature...*