Chapter 8

3 years before:

The mission was to escort the girl to all Xuanwu, make sure she wouldn't be killed or kidnapped on the way by Oni, Evil spirits, or brigands, and then deliver her as a sacrifice to the legendary dragon of Xuanwu that decided this year that girl will be his dinner. That mission was so awful and horrible that no Xuanwu warrior want to take it, even killers don't want it. So it was led to the best killer of Xuanwu or more, the more heartless one: him.

First, he never thought the mission has horrible, a mission was a mission no emotion should be involved after all emotion is the worse assassin's enemy, but to be fair he conceder the mission as a pain in the ass: not only it was a long mission because the travel will take at least 3 weeks, but also he technically has to protect someone and take care of her need until he reaches the end of the mission. Protecting himself was something easy for Seven, but protecting someone else was new and it could be a lot of trouble.

He remembers meeting the girl.

7 "Shadow killer number seven. I was sent by the organization. I'm ready to accomplish my mission."

Guardian of the girl: "Ah! You're here! Ah just first ... we trough it would be simpler for you and for her if she didn't know, so we didn't tell her ... the ... well the killing part you get it... so if you don't want trouble just don't tell her"

7 *they didn't tell her that her escort guard is a killer? Well this is sure that no one wishes to be escorted by a killer...*

7"just tell me where is the girl."

The guardian "... y..yes sure. Bai, your escort has arrived! Come here"

Bai "I'm coming !"

The girl arrives with a white tunic, long brown hair, a package, and a small sword on her back.

Bai "Hi! My name is Bai. Thank you for accepting the mission."

7"Fine. Let's go."

Bai *Not even saying hello... what kind of dude he is ?*

"ahh... yes. Mister, what is your name, how I should call you ?"

7 "I'm shadow k...Seven. If you need to call me, just call me Seven."

Bai "okay. That's noted Seven !" She says with a big smile.

7 *she smiles? Ahhh this mission is going to be long... veeery long*

Some hours after :

Bai *what is wrong with him, he is always walking on my back that's scary!*

7 *She always turns back to look if I'm still here, is she trying to find a good opportunity to escape her fate?*

Bai stops walking and turns back.

Bai *Okay I had enough! Why are you walking on my back and so far away ?! I can't even hear the sound of your footstep, this creeps me out!*

7*well it's killer behavior to be in their target back, he knows nothing else, bad habit* "I'm ... watching your back, keep walking"

Bai "watching my back ?! From so far ?! You look like a stalker! The only one in kilometers that looks like he is about to kill me is you! at least come closer."

7 *I look like a killer because I am one but is not like I can tell her...*

Bai "I'm not moving until you come closer!"

7 *this mission is already a pain in the ass ... But it's better if she walks on her own* Seven makes two footsteps.

Bai "mooore closer !"