Chapter 13

Back to the present :

The Seven of the present, still hanging at the ceiling finally remembers where he heard this sentence for the first time and what feelings come with it. It was him who said it first the day he faced Orochi. Thirteen and he were the same, they did a lot of mistakes but in the end, they finally find who they want to be, what they really wish even if that could make them die. Even if today he knows Bai stabbed him, still strangely he has no regret to have said this, no regret to save her this day. It's because he finally stands for something he really wishes; because he finally had someone important to him. Because he finally found a friend, whatever happened next didn't change that he just felt happy to finally stand for himself, not just to survive, not to be a killer or a tool but to stand as a human... as a friend.

All of these memories and feelings came back to Seven in a flash of a second. It was a lot to take from a so short amount of time. He needed a few seconds to put himself together but he didn't move from his strange position. The conversation under him between blue Phoenix and thirteen continues.

BP "... I see." he turns his back to Thirteen.

BP "Well if you wish that so I can't be your master anymore and you will not be anymore my student, you know that?"

13 "... I know mast... I know the consequence. I'm sorry that I couldn't fulfill my mission, but I will not come back."

BF "So any leaks between us end here."
Saying this he turns back and throws his weapon with levitation Qi control at High speed on Thirteen.

The boy can see with his red eyes the scene in slow motion. The flying sword between Blue Phoenix and Thirteen seems to stop the time. Blue Phoenix was using Qi, it was the perfect opportunity to kill him with his chains but if he does so then the girl totally not prepared will die...

The boy was fractured between killing the man that he hates the most and saving the girl that stands for him. Like this day, Seven needs again to find what he really wishes to do, that he will not regret no matter what...

*What do you wish? What is the only thing you really regret?*

It was probably Liuqi asking him the question using his own mind to communicate, but that was a good question. After all he lost, what is the only thing he really regrets?

....

....

There was one thing he really regrets and that was that in the end, he couldn't be there to protect Bai... the girl was probably dead... he couldn't protect her at the end... yeah that was the only thing that come to his mind. Even if he dies he still wishes to protect the person that cares for him. If he wants to not have regret anymore that is the only thing that truly matters.

In a flash, quicker than light, Seven grabs the flying sword with the chain of his right hand, and jumps to position himself close to the girl, surprising Blue Phoenix and Thirteen.