Chapter 9

Bai "hey! What are you laughing ?! They didn't tell me what ?! "

7 "That the ceremony is ..." *Wait. What is going to happen if I tell her the truth? She happily follows the way to the dragon domain because she thinks he going to free her, but if she understands that her dream is an illusion, that she is about to die what is she going to do?*

Bai "Come on Seven finish your sentence! What the big deal about the ceremony?"

7 *She looks so happy... she will be devastated... if that is the case she will probably stop the walk, or even worse try to flee or to kill me. The mission is already highly complicated with S-ranked demons on the way, if additionally, I have to drag her attached, there is no way I finish this mission in time...*

Bai "Come on! Split the bill!"

7 "it's.... it's...."

Bai "yes the ceremony is...."

7 "it's a really long time process, Xuanwu travel will need to wait probably..."

7 *I can believe I need to lie. I know how to kill but ... lying. This is a more blue Phoenix thing, that doesn't look like me... I don't want to do that but... is not like I have the choice... right? For the sake of the mission, I need to put aside my personal matter. And after all, this is just one lie, I'm not even the one who will kill her, that's not a big deal just one lie, telling her the truth is someone else problem.*

Bai « ..... »

7*I'm a terrible liar, there is no way she will believe me...*

Bai « Well! That's not going to stop me! Even if it takes years, it's better than being forced to do the same thing every day, right? »

7*She believes it ?... great. I better keep it like this all the travel then*

7 "I suppose..."

They reach the end of the forest. They can see far away the twilight and a small village.

Bai "Seven, I don't feel this strange sensation in my leg anymore. I think I can walk again on my own."

Seven sits a bit to let her go. She puts her feet on the floor and walks again normally.

7 "It can take a bit more time even if you didn't feel it."

Bai "actually that made something I didn't feel the pain anymore..."

7 "what didn't you tell me?"

Bai "Ahah! it's just the ride was really comfortable, sorry!"

7 "YOU.... ahh... never mind, keep walking. We are staying at this village tonight."

Bai "Ahah! are you angry?"

7 "..."

Bai "oh come on!"

The girl starts to enter his secure personal space but is not like he can attend to her life for this. He needs to keep the "bodyguard" role.

7 "... next time you are injured, I will just drag you by your foot or your arm, I swear."

Bai "Really? You're so mean! But I'm sure you can't be that evil!"

7 "Don't tempt me to start now and keep moving."

Bai "Ahah okay okay! Me walking first I get it, I get it!"

She takes the walk again and he follows her steps.

Bai "By the way, I'm happy you talked a bit with me today, I was a bit scared by the travel but it makes me forget it. I hope you didn't take it like a pain or something."